picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

Kanona user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Kanona

Oily/Sensitive

dot199 Views

Hi there , "Are there individuals who conscientiously examine the ingredients listed in a product before making a purchase decision?

Additionally, could you elaborate on what constitutes an ideal composition?"
upvote

comment

22 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Hmmm? I follow a lot of cosmetic chemist and formulist. I use to read and make my decisions based on the ingredients list but the more I learn about it from content creator the less that I know because it’s not a skill you get by just reading the list and knowing what each do but also how each ingredients react with each other. Hence why they all had formal training and learning. Now I just skim through the ingredients to have a general idea what they do and like which exfoliants or retinoids they have. It’s great to go through if you have personal opinions of the ingredients to make the choice too It’s a combination of reading the label, the advertisement and just a general idea what the product would do.
upvote

comment

LovelySkinCare user profile picture
picky squad user badge

LovelySkinCare

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, Bazz🤗 Could you please share the chemists and formulists account you follow? I’d love to read them too ❤️
upvote

comment

shinelikeci user profile picture
picky squad user badge

shinelikeci

Dry/Resilient

You can’t really determine what a product is going to be like based off of ingredients. People generally look at ingredients to make sure that there aren’t any (known) ingredients that may irritate their skin or figure out the purpose of the product (exfoliating, brightening, hydration, etc). The formula itself is much different than what you read from an ingredients list. Unless you’re a cosmetic chemist, there is just no way for you to really tell.
upvote

comment

Practiceforskin user profile picture
super picky user badge

Practiceforskin

Dry/Resilient

I look at ingredients to look for ingredients that align with my goals, Or ingredients that were in products I’ve liked before. I don’t think I’m qualified to say what the ideal composition is, I just want to know if the product claims are at all possible with what is actually inside
upvote

comment

lise444 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

lise444

Oily/Sensitive

I look usually to make sure there's no ingredients I have an issue with. I know I have problems sometimes with high levels of centella asiatica and beta glucan irritating my skin so I will avoid products like that
upvote

comment

ruchashanware user profile picture

ruchashanware

Dry/Resilient

I do a little bit. But I m sure no expert. But reels on YouTube and insta are a little informative. I don’t believe everything but I would do my own research as well.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback! event

Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback!

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 20th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!