picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Dry/Sensitive

dot140 Views

skincare with a fresh piercing

I just got my nose pierced today and doing my skincare routine proved to be A STRUGGLE I knocked it accidentally whilst cleansing and let’s jus say my tears washed the cleanser away 🤠 Then came applying products which wasn’t too bad but I had to very careful to avoid the area and I so badly just want to like, smack it with something but I can’t 🤭 Also got given a lavender and sweet almond oil solution to apply on the area and I absolutely hate lavender so that’s great 😝
upvote

comment

3 Comments

TRANSCENDENT user profile picture

TRANSCENDENT

Oily/Resilient

I used to have a nose piercing. I understand what you are saying here. The struggle is definitely real trying to do your skincare routine with one. Not to mention having to be careful not to hook 🪝 it on your clothes 😖 I used sea salt 🧂 to get the inflammation down. It worked well for me, to get the swelling around the piercing to go down. Took it out, coz it was just too much work for me 😅 You could try that if you would like. Also try looking into a solution that is devoid of lavender as you don’t like it. Surely there should be something that can work for you and not have to annoy you.✨
upvote

comment

MelissaKarey user profile picture

MelissaKarey

Dry/Resilient

same !! just got mine 3 weeks ago and the other day I hurt it while oil cleansing and I bled so much 🤪 luckily I didn’t get swollen or a bump but it really is annoying. do you apply saline, sea salt, or wash with anti bacterial soap? I never did and mines fine lol I just clean it when I cleanse my face with the same face cleanser
upvote

comment

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Dry/Sensitive

I need to buy some sea salt to clean it! I’m acc glad to hear urs is doing fine without it because idk when I can leave the house to buy some haha. I just use the oil which is meant to help with healing
upvote

comment

veteranwifeusa user profile picture

veteranwifeusa

Dry/Resilient

Lavender oil can actually be very irritating to an open wound. I think you were given misinformation. When I was in my early 20s I had a total of 16 piercings all over my face, ears, and belly button. Only product I ever used and swear by is H2Ocean!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT | Reedle Shot 100 & PDRN Hydrogel Mask event

Picky x VT | Reedle Shot 100 & PDRN Hydrogel Mask

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 9th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!