picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

lowkeyolivia user profile picture

lowkeyolivia

Oily/Sensitive

dot165 Views

skincare newbie here!

hi y’all, i’m a 21 y/o F and i’m pretty new to skincare as i don’t currently have a routine that works for me. as it stands, all i really do is rinse my face with water. 😅 the reason for that is i feel as though i have several skin concerns that kind of “contradict” each other, if you will. many ingredients that target one concern often are bad for another. for example: •sensitivity (i’m on several medications for various health concerns, some of these including side effects such as hypersensitivity and photosensitivity) •redness/rosacea/flushing •excessive sweating (another side effect of some of my medications) •severe and stubborn milia/texture •sebaceous filaments/clogged pores in t-zone •combination skin/severely oily t-zone but the rest is normal (products targeted towards oily skin can be too stripping for the rest of my face; i also stay away from products targeted to dry skin types because they often don’t address the oil in my t-zone well enough) *luckily, i don’t struggle too much with breakouts or severe acne. if i do break out, it’s often in milia. any insight on and/or recommendations for these concerns themselves and as they affect one another is absolutely welcome and greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!! p.s. i’m located in the US, so i prefer products that are available here :) thanks again!!
upvote

comment

6 Comments

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

I'd suggest starting with a basic skincare routine first. Cleanser, moisturiser, sunscreen. Other treatments can be added later if needed. You'll definitely need to wear SPF especially because of the photosensitivity 🌞 Try looking into these brands. They have a good range of products with great reviews and it should be easily accessible to you as well. Have fun starting your skincare journey! 💕
upvote

comment

lowkeyolivia

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for the insight!!
upvote

comment

ditaputri user profile picture

ditaputri

Oily/Resilient

I suggest with basic skincare first, this is my recommendation, they suitable for sensitive skin i also have redness on my cheeks
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

COSRX
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

star rating

(1452)

favorite

Centella Calming Gel Cream

Iunik
Centella Calming Gel Cream

star rating

(1204)

favorite

Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel SPF50+ PA++++

ISNTREE
Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(1045)

favorite

upvote

comment

lowkeyolivia

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for recommending these!!
upvote

comment

MeliAnn user profile picture

MeliAnn

Dry/Sensitive

I have Sensitivity and Rosacea, I recommend Cerave Cream to Foam Cleanser, Toner Lancome Tonique, Moisturizer Dermae Sensitive Skin Cream and Bondi Sands SPF 50. Those are basics and a good start.
Tonique Confort, Comforting Rehydrating Toner, for Normal to Dry Skin

Lancome
Tonique Confort, Comforting Rehydrating Toner, for Normal to Dry Skin

star rating

(21)

favorite

Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream With Pycnogenol

derma e
Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream With Pycnogenol

star rating

(0)

favorite

Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

CeraVe
Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

star rating

(312)

favorite

upvote

comment

lowkeyolivia

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for these recommendations!!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT | Reedle Shot 100 & PDRN Hydrogel Mask event

Picky x VT | Reedle Shot 100 & PDRN Hydrogel Mask

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 9th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!