picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Routine Help

MissSa user profile picture

MissSa

Oily/Resilient

dot451 Views

How do you use toner?

Hi πŸ‘‹πŸΌ !!! Can I get some opinion on how to use toners? Because I’ve essentially been doing it with my hands but is there any difference to doing it with your bare hands and/or using the cotton pad?
upvote

comment

90 Comments

saskiaskin user profile picture

saskiaskin

Oily/Resilient

I pour into my hands and pat into the skin. I feel this is less wasteful than using cotton rounds.
upvote

comment

Loriehernando user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Loriehernando

Oily/Resilient

Yes it's helpful
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

You don't need to use cotton or reusable pads to apply toner but you can if you want to. It is more wasteful though. Toners are not supposed to cleanse and if there's residue on the pads when applying it, that means the cleansing had not been done properly beforehand. Some people put a bit of toner in their hands and pat it in, some put it in spray bottles etc, it works either way πŸ‘Œ
upvote

comment

MissSa user profile picture

MissSa

Oily/Resilient

oh.. and I thought that it’s not weird to have residue on the cotton if you use it with the toner. thanks 😊
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

I use my hands! Cuz I feel if you use cotton pad, it kinda absorb all into it so its very wasteful. Unless the toner is very very watery, I'll put into a spray bottle and use it like fine mist kinda spray usage instead
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
super picky user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I use my hands unless the toner is exfoliating, in which case I use a cotton pad to get efficient exfoliation 😊
upvote

comment

Austinmiles user profile picture

Austinmiles

Dry/Sensitive

I do it this way too!
upvote

comment

IsaacBear user profile picture

IsaacBear

Dry/Resilient

normally i will use my hands unless it is a strong exfoliating toner such as the ordinary glycolic acid toner, then i will use a cotton pad to minimize the irritation from the acids
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x I'm from | Rice Toner event

Picky x I'm from | Rice Toner

Audience

All Users

Deadline

April 5th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!