picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Routine Help

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

dot430 Views

Cleansing 3times a day?

I knew this is not recommended. The maximum you should wash your face is twice a day. I used cleanser in the morning since my skin is quite oily on t-zone after i woke up especially area around my nose (5.30am) After came back from work,i do double cleanse since i sweat a lot + with the mask on for 8hours/more, my working area did not hv air cond, super hot tropical weather. (5.00pm) Then once again i wash my face at night before going to sleep because my skin got oily after several hours, yah at t-zone only (11pm/12am). Do you guys have any suggestion so that i can wash my face just twice. Or should i use micellar water instead in the morning/at night?
upvote

comment

61 Comments

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

How are you feeling now that you're cleaning 3 times a day? Do you feel that your skin is becoming reactive, easily irritated, dry, flaky or tightened?
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

yeah, a bit tightened..i try my best to hydrate well but sometimes its doesnt work especially during the day
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

I cleanse only twice a day. In the morning, I use a gentle cleanser. When I get home, I use micellar water or oil cleanser and toner to refresh my skin. Then it's not necessary to double cleanse at night because I already did that, so I use only a cleanser. ๐Ÿ™‚
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

so u didnot use your 2nd cleanser in the evening?
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I would go for a PM routine after you come back from work and if your T zone gets oily later and that bothers you, ust blot it off with some tissue. I think over time your skin might get compromised from cleansing too much (the most drying/stripping step) which will also lead to excessive sebum production - a vicious circle.
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

yah, heard that over cleansing may lead to excessive sebum production. will change my routine at night..thanks a lot
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

I usually only cleanse twice a day, including double cleanse in the evening. unless the day is very hot, in the middle of the day I would just wash my face water that's it. then evening continue to do double cleansing.
upvote

comment

hdsktt user profile picture

hdsktt

Dry/Resilient

Its okay , for me sometime i wash my face at 4 times per day . but make sure to apply the mosituriser after the washing .
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

wow๐Ÿ˜ฑ 4times sure a lot..you must really hv good skin barrier๐Ÿ‘
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Isntree | Isntree Onion Repair Booster Shot 2000  event

Picky x Isntree | Isntree Onion Repair Booster Shot 2000

Audience

All Users

Deadline

July 26th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!