picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Routine Help

ParisJ user profile picture

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

dot322 Views

Washing face only once a day?

Hello everyone, I was wondering what your opinions and/or experiences are with washing your face only once a day? I wash mine 2x daily but here lately I've been thinking about reducing that to once a day. If I do that, should I make it a permanent change or just use it as a break for my skin? Or should I compromise and wash it once daily and then rinse with water instead of a second wash? Would love to hear what you think and what has worked for you!
upvote

comment

48 Comments

T

TenLhamo

Dry/Resilient

Daily washing once a day is great too from my experience. Though twice a day may be much more effective. From my opinion twice daily sounds better but don't worry if you skip sometimes.
upvote

comment

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

Yeah I do skip sometimes but I was wondering what would happen if it became a lifestyle practice to only wash 1x daily. how long did you keep your 1x daily wash routine?
upvote

comment

T

TenLhamo

Dry/Resilient

if you are not wearing much make it would be great with micellar water and if you are using daily makeup then oil cleanser would be better.
upvote

comment

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

Oh okay I will do micellar water then since I don't wear makeup. Thank you both for your feedback 💜
upvote

comment

T

TenLhamo

Dry/Resilient

I am like always cleansing my face once in the morning all my life and my skin was good. Since like 1 year I started to do my skincare which consists of cleansing my face twice. but my skin is the same like before.
upvote

comment

Epicskin user profile picture

Epicskin

Oily/Resilient

Hello 😊 You can definitely do both whatever your gut is telling you. you can try double cleansing at night then for morning just rinse it off with water.
upvote

comment

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

Yeah doing the once daily wash sounds better to do at night. my skin is most sensitive in the morning anyway so I'll try this new routine with just water in the morning and double cleanse at night. thanks for your input 😁
upvote

comment

SkincareRocksMyWorld user profile picture

SkincareRocksMyWorld

Oily/Resilient

A lot depends on your skins reaction & tolerance to cleansing twice a day. If your skin’s barrier can handle it and the cleanser being used isn’t stripping nor causing an increase in production of sebum while also not causing irritation you should be fine. I like using a micellar water/cleansing water in the mornings when I am crunched for time (followed up with a quick cleanse of lightweight gel cleanser if the cleansing water is leaving a film). The night routine is usually the extensive one with balms/oils/oil to foam etc from reapplying SPF throughout the day.
upvote

comment

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

my skin seems to tolerate cleansing any time of day very well but I'm just feeling my skin needs a break from 2x a day cleansing bc it's starting to look a little dull. since we both have the oily skin type I think I will try what you do in the morning with the micellar water then lightweight gel cleanser. thanks for your reply!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x I'm from | Rice Toner event

Picky x I'm from | Rice Toner

Audience

All Users

Deadline

April 5th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!