picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

KellyKall user profile picture

KellyKall

Oily/Resilient

dot87 Views

ingredients that don't fit eachother

Hello skincare lovers! I wanted to liste to the opinions of the skincare community about ingredients that don't fit eachother. Last week I realized that some products really don't work well with others. For example, last week I used a hyaluronic acid serum with a moisturizer for acne prone skin, from frezyderm. Both products are amazing and they both do wonders on my face since I now use one at my night routine and the other at my morning routine. I don't know why but when I used both at night, my skin dried up. Could you tell me what are the worst ingredient combos? The products I am referring to will be listed below. Disclaimer: I have nothing against both of the products after organizing better my routine.
Hyalu B5 Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin B5 for Sensitive Skin

La Roche-Posay
Hyalu B5 Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin B5 for Sensitive Skin

star rating

(107)

favorite

AC-Norm Seb Adsorb Cream

FrezyDerm
AC-Norm Seb Adsorb Cream

star rating

(1)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

What doesn't work is eg. exfoliants and Retinol! Or Vitamin C with Retinol! Retinol is already challenging for our skin and adding ingredients which sensitize our more is a no go! So please be careful!!
upvote

comment

KellyKall

Oily/Resilient

thank you I didn't know😯 I will keep it in mind when I start using retinol
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

The last slide in my post lists which ingredients can and cannot be combined https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2cwDQBwQS/?utm_medium=copy_link
upvote

comment

KellyKall

Oily/Resilient

thank you⭐⭐⭐⭐
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Most people will tell you that you can’t use actives and retinol together, or vit C. This combo I found by experience and you can check the info online is Vit C and Sodium benzoate is a BIG NO! Vit C and Sodium benzoate creates benzene which can cause cancer. On skin, it causes break out, at least that’s what happened to me. It was the worse breakout I’ve ever had. Watch out for these two.
upvote

comment

KellyKall

Oily/Resilient

thank you for informing me!!!! you are helping a lot !😯
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Numbuzin | Serum & Pad & Toner  event

Picky x Numbuzin | Serum & Pad & Toner

Audience

All Users

Deadline

July 19th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!