picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

peachbaby user profile picture

peachbaby

Oily/Sensitive

dot87 Views

Already using BHA/AHA (alternately) but still has blackheads

Hi everyone! Would like to ask for your opinion, advice or suggestion. I've been using Paula's Choice BHA and DN Glycolic Acid alternately for almost a year now. I can say that my whiteheads have already lessened since I first used it (I only have whiteheads on my below my lips). However, I still have many blackheads on my nose and I also have many little hairs poking just beside my nose. For blackheads, would you suggest that I use other BHA? or switch to another chemical exfoliant? For the latter, is there any way to minimize this? is this just natural? For reference, this is my routine: Morning: Heimish All Clean Green Foam Hada Labo Premium Toner (Gold one) Canmake Mermaid UV Gel 01 Night: Heimish All Clean Green Foam Derma Natufian Niacinamide Night Serum/Exfoliant: Mon/Fri Night: Paula's Choice BHA Tues: Propolis Light Ampoule Sun: DN Glycolic Acid (I don't use Niacinamide when I use this) Wed/Thurs/Fri: None (Just the 3 - Cleanser, Niacinamide Serum and Moisturizer) Illiyoon Ceramide Ato Soothing Gel Thank uou in advance!
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(619)

favorite

Glycolic Acid Toning Perfect Solution

Derma Natufian
Glycolic Acid Toning Perfect Solution

star rating

(1)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Are you sure that your "blackheads" are actually blackheads? You might just have prominent sebaceous filaments.
upvote

comment

peachbaby

Oily/Sensitive

I do think it is blackheads!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I would recommend you double cleanse in the evening and check your products for comedogenic ingredients. I personally have never found toners to work for me and the TO peeling solution has been the only thing that worked. Retinoids can also help in the long run. Otherwise make sure you hydrate and moisturise lots to control sebum production.

peachbaby

Oily/Sensitive

Thanks for the suggestion! Would you know another product that can help with blackheads? I'm from the PH and it's hard to find an authentic TO product here.
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I've got a similar situation with the little hair on my nose too! Looking for a solution!
upvote

comment

peachbaby

Oily/Sensitive

Tried searching sebaceous filaments and looks like they should be left alone since they serve a purpose on the skin 😄
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT | Reedle Shot 100 & PDRN Hydrogel Mask event

Picky x VT | Reedle Shot 100 & PDRN Hydrogel Mask

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 9th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!