Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

Santinosmomma user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Santinosmomma

Oily/Resilient

dot78 Views

IS A PRODUCT FROM WHERE ITS MADE???????

Ok Picky Fam , i need your help on this one!!!! Iv got a few brands that are from one country ,but made in another. Like STARSKIN My STARSKIN says its from The Netherlands but the product says MADE IN KOREA ???????????????? My EVELINE mask says its Polish Skincare but on the mask it says MADE IN KOREA ????????? SO WHICH IS IT??????? Is it a product of the place that its made ????? Or is it a product of the country that claims brand ownership ????????????
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Companies create the formula's and manufacture products in different countries. e.g the lab is in France, but it's cheaper to manufacture the product in Poland so it is physically made in Poland.
upvote

comment

Santinosmomma user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Santinosmomma

Oily/Resilient

awe , ok see now that makes sense to me. thank you for sharing. a korean skincare product is the same formula regarding of where it is made. Still it gets rather confusing sometimes. I just thought if its made in a country thats where it comes from. so when i see a brand like Eveline and its a polish skincare brand but the products say made in korea and made in france. Its still the same as if it were made in poland. same product just manufactured in a different place.
upvote

comment

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

Basically, a big cosmetic company has many branches in different countries. For instance, Loreal has 11 manufacturing factories in France, but another 40 more worldwide. The loreal product may be manufactured in one place and sell in another. But, there might be the case whereby some people registered the same company name first in their country rather than the company itself (rarely). The best way to ensure you're getting the authentic product is to buy it in the official stores.
upvote

comment

keppers user profile picture
picky squad user badge

keppers

Dry/Resilient

There are so many products like this, just compare it to your clothes. Your clothes might be owned by a company in one country but then are very likely to have been made in another country like China. Its no different in skincare. The brand may be based and owned in one country but they outsource their manufacturing to other countries like Korea. I imagine Korea has more large scale skincare production facilities then other countries around the world.
upvote

comment

abc1111 user profile picture

abc1111

Oily/Resilient

Just like Apple. Apple products are usually made in China. All devices I’ve bought from the official Apple website were shipped from China.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT | Reedle Shot 100 & PDRN Hydrogel Mask event

Picky x VT | Reedle Shot 100 & PDRN Hydrogel Mask

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 9th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!