picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

esso user profile picture

esso

Dry/Resilient

dot365 Views

Do pimple patches work for everyone?

Whenever i use a pimple patch on a juicy pimple, i end up with an open wound exactly similar to the one that occurs after popping a pimple. Does this happen with everyone else or is it only me? I always end up with a bad scar whenever i use a pimple patch and idk how to make it work😭😭
upvote

comment

51 Comments

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

That doesn't happen to me. Patches usually save me the scar and help flatten and heal the pimple. When I take it off, it's no longer open. 🙂 Someone mentioned something similar recently, so I've been wondering maybe it's the type of the patches. They certainly shouldn't have strong "glue" in the centre. The ones I'm using stick best on edge and only slightly in the middle. This means when I'm taking it off, it doesn't stretch the skin on the pimple but only around.
Clear Skin Shield Patch

By WISHTREND
Clear Skin Shield Patch

star rating

(39)

favorite

upvote

comment

esso

Dry/Resilient

i used two kinds of pimple patches (cosrx and ZitSticka) and they both got great reviews, specially the cosrx one, but for me i got the same outcome which is an open wound just like when i pop a pimple. the pimple patches you mentioned sounds great but unfortunately i found the shipping fees are crazy expensive since i live in canada 😑
upvote

comment

QueenTania user profile picture

QueenTania

Dry/Sensitive

it might be that the adhesive is too strong. touching the sticky side with your finger before applying it lessens some of the stickiness
upvote

comment

esso

Dry/Resilient

I’ll definitely try that thanks!
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

i have tried 3 different brands.. it doesnt really work for me, it flattens a little bit.. but i mainly use it so I wont touch it
upvote

comment

esso

Dry/Resilient

i found that they only work when the pimple is juicy and has a white head, but for me they leave an open wound which causes scaring 😞
upvote

comment

afullworld user profile picture

afullworld

Oily/Resilient

interesting! it didn’t really helped me either when I tried neogen’s pimple patches, but now I want to try others bc i always want to pop my pimples :/
upvote

comment

Girly user profile picture

Girly

Oily/Sensitive

This is just my opinion but maybe instead of those because you say it doesn’t work maybe try some good toner with green tea,somethinf that won’t iritate your acne.⭐️ I personally see that a lot of people don’t like them
upvote

comment

kawlakmn user profile picture

kawlakmn

Oily/Resilient

now I'm using the heartleaf toner and cleanser from Anua and I really start to see the difference it started to clear my skin
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Numbuzin | Serum & Pad & Toner  event

Picky x Numbuzin | Serum & Pad & Toner

Audience

All Users

Deadline

July 19th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!