picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Product Info

ParisJ user profile picture

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

dot192 Views

Pimple patches

What is your go to brand for pimple patches? I've been using the ones from Rael lately but I need to find a different brand because they don't have a strong enough adhesive for me :( they stick well when I apply them on a dry face right after cleansing but then the following morning or night I have to wash my face again and the patch either comes off or loosens at the edges and it'll go from clear to white. Has anyone else had this experience with Rael or any other brand?
upvote

comment

36 Comments

matteamidoing user profile picture

matteamidoing

Oily/Resilient

I really love the Alba brand. I have rebought it so many times. It has a very strong stick. Stays on all day, overnight, no issue at all. I'm currently trying out the cosrx patches. They're a little thicker than the Alba ones, but I experience really good stickiness with those as well.
Acnedote Pimple Patches

Alba Botanica
Acnedote Pimple Patches

star rating

(7)

favorite

Acne Pimple Master Patch

COSRX
Acne Pimple Master Patch

star rating

(585)

favorite

upvote

comment

ParisJ user profile picture

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

I haven't heard of Alba before 😮 would you say they're tough through face washing too?
upvote

comment

yetunde user profile picture

yetunde

Dry/Sensitive

I love the cosrx brand
Acne Pimple Master Patch

COSRX
Acne Pimple Master Patch

star rating

(585)

favorite

upvote

comment

ameliaoktarija user profile picture

ameliaoktarija

Oily/Sensitive

use this Product too 😍
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I find that none of the patches actually do anything apart from preventing the picking. E.g. the very popular Cosrx pimple patches make my acne heal longer and leave scars when normally wouldn't. Having read lots about them I've given up as only the very expensive ones like Zitsticka could potentially work. Labmuffin did a video explaining that you'd need to actually pierce the pimple before using pimple patches for anything to be sucked out. That makes sense, however is risky if not done right. I instead use benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment and it works a million times better. Particularly for the deep painful spots that pimple patches would have zero effect on.
Acne Pimple Master Patch

COSRX
Acne Pimple Master Patch

star rating

(585)

favorite

KILLA™ KIT - Microdart KILLA Patches

ZitSticka
KILLA™ KIT - Microdart KILLA Patches

star rating

(29)

favorite

Acnecide 5% w/w Gel

Galderma
Acnecide 5% w/w Gel

star rating

(3)

favorite

upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

From my experience they don't work on any kind. Cosrx one doesn't even have any actives to target the acne, it just seals it in which slows down the healing. Like when you put a plaster on a wound and it wouldn't close up.
upvote

comment

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture
super picky user badge

Beautywithhunnie

Oily/Resilient

I like the Haruto ones, they have different sizes, there is a very large one that I like to use when I have a big acne growing on my neck. When I say "very large" i mean it is about 1" wide. I haven't really found such a large size from other brands.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Etude | Dear Darling Oil Tint event

Picky x Etude | Dear Darling Oil Tint

Audience

All Users

Deadline

April 26th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!