Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Product Info

RimasBeautyCorner user profile picture
super picky user badge

RimasBeautyCorner

Oily/Resilient

dot551 Views

Need help and advice!!!

Hi everyone πŸ‘‹ Sorry for long text and I hope so you all can help me. So. I'm 36 and never cared about my skin and just starting doing it. I only use cleanser, scrub, mask and cream. A month ago I started using a Salycilic acid + cica booster and Niacinamide + zink booster. I see difference, the skin has become softer, smoother but I still have wrinkles, dark spots and blackheads (at least I see them) I want a radiant and healthy looking face, especially now that I have started working as a consultant - Natural products. I plan to start taking more care of my skin and maybe you could advise what products to choose from Ordinary? I can't afford expensive serums and other skin care products. Thanks for the help and advice. Rima πŸ€—
upvote

comment

23 Comments

Millyjxx user profile picture

Millyjxx

Oily/Resilient

I’m no expert but Vitamin C serums are very good for dark spots/hyperpigmentation, also boost collagen production and helps with wrinkles and brighten skin:) There are many different types of Vitamin C/Vitamin C derivatives for different skin types/concerns but some can cause purging. The Ordinary do a few different types I think. It might be best to double check with a professional as I’m just speaking from what I’ve learnt. If you are on instagram there’s a really good skincare page called @amnah.mushtaq and she has a lot of advice on Vitamin C with product recommendations (from The Ordinary and other affordable brands) in her highlights on her page! Hope this helps:)
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

RimasBeautyCorner

Oily/Resilient

Thank you πŸ’– I go check πŸ‘Œ
upvote

comment

Pux user profile picture

Pux

Oily/Sensitive

These are some of my product recommendations that might help with your skin concern -Alpha Arbutin is one of the best ingredient to help with dark spot -Aha + Bha can help to exfoliate your skin and may help with your blackheads since it contains 2% Bha.Bha are oil soluble and can penetrate deep into pores to help unclog thus reduce blackheads. But be careful since this product is potent😬 patch test first and recommend to use it 1-2 times a month or once a week. ⚠️And if u use this, you Cannot use ur scrub since it will cause over exfoliation and leads to skin barrier damage. Also,always wear sunscreen and reapply.It will not only protect you from the UVA and UVB but also slow sign of aging πŸ˜„
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

The Ordinary
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

star rating

(245)

favorite

AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

star rating

(1761)

favorite

upvote

comment

super picky user badge

RimasBeautyCorner

Oily/Resilient

Thanks πŸ’– I try this product's πŸ‘Œ
upvote

comment

ImAngie user profile picture

ImAngie

Dry/Resilient

it is never too late to start. As other users say, use Vitamin C daily. BHA, PHA minimum 2 times a week, Alpha Arbutin, Peptides, Retinol (but do not mix it with other active ingredients) and especially Sunscreen, every day without fail, and reapply it during the day. This link πŸ‘‡ will help you, it's from Picky blog. https://www.gopicky.com/discussion/30514/how-to-build-a-skincare-routine-
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

RimasBeautyCorner

Oily/Resilient

Thank you πŸ’– it's very helpful πŸ™Œ
upvote

comment

hiratheaddict user profile picture

hiratheaddict

Oily/Sensitive

hii you are doing great with niacinamide and salycilic acid! i think you should wait a little more and use constantly to get rid of blackheads but for that i also have a reccomandation from cosrx! also for wrinkles i reccomand you should check the ingredient 'retinol' i heard it has 4 types and think you should start with the most gentle one~ theres luckly a product from ordinary thats a retinol serumβ™‘
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

COSRX
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

star rating

(1049)

favorite

Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

star rating

(123)

favorite

upvote

comment

super picky user badge

RimasBeautyCorner

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for recommendation πŸ’–
upvote

comment

Skinandcurlss user profile picture

Skinandcurlss

Dry/Resilient

you could try the ordinary hyaluronic acid it’s really good for moisture and makes your skin feel so soft and supple
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush event

Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 7th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!