picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Skin Concern

matteamidoing user profile picture

matteamidoing

Oily/Resilient

dot249 Views

Back scars and hyperpigmentation

Update: For added context, the scarring mention is flat and not textured/raised. Pretty sure if have to see a derm for that. It's scarring from being a horrible picker. πŸ™ƒ The back acne is pretty well managed now but hoping to help with skin tone. Just want to where pretty shirts & dresses. 😩 --- I have pretty extensive scarring and hyperpigmentation on my back from acne. I was not remotely aware of any skincare anything when I was younger. And embarrassingly a bad picker. I've gotten better with that with age but the scars remain. I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Some by MI AHA BHA PHA body cleanser that helps with lessening the dark spots and scars. Is there anyone that has had these results? I currently use the Cerave acne foaming cream with 4% BP. I know it's for the face but it's works well if keeping acne away on my back but not much for the scarring. I've been recommended Panoxyl with 10% but it's too strong for me. Any thoughts would greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser

CeraVe
Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser

star rating

(142)

favorite

AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Acne Clear Body Cleanser

Some By Mi
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Acne Clear Body Cleanser

star rating

(68)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

Jujus user profile picture

Jujus

Dry/Sensitive

I use this cleanser (some by mi) and this lotion they help me to heal my acne but I never had any acne scars or hyperpigmentation but I think it could help you πŸ™ƒ
Niacinamide Smoothing Body Lotion

Mizon
Niacinamide Smoothing Body Lotion

star rating

(2)

favorite

upvote

comment

matteamidoing

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for your input! I'm leaning more and more into buying the Some by MI. The Mizon lotion sounds nice too. Will look into it.
upvote

comment

sukkie user profile picture

sukkie

Oily/Resilient

These 2 are great
Sulfur Soap

Oxecure
Sulfur Soap

star rating

(31)

favorite

Acne Spray

Oxecure
Acne Spray

star rating

(8)

favorite

upvote

comment

matteamidoing

Oily/Resilient

I've never heard of this brand before. Will look into it! Thank you.
upvote

comment

cupidsnroses user profile picture

cupidsnroses

Oily/Sensitive

i need recommendations to lighten scars too!
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Here's my experience of using SBM Body Cleanser ⬇️ https://www.instagram.com/p/CRp9dA3r-vi/?utm_medium=copy_link I think the scars you've got are post-hyperpigmentation (PIH). I'd suggest products with niacinamide, vitamin C, kojic acid or rice to help reduce/fade away the PIH ☺️
upvote

comment

matteamidoing

Oily/Resilient

Update: For added context, the scarring mentioned is flat and not textured/raised. Pretty sure if have to see a derm for that. It's scarring from being a horrible picker. πŸ™ƒ The back acne is pretty well managed now but hoping to help with skin tone. Just want to wear pretty shirts & dresses. 😩
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VDL | Conditioning Lipcerin  event

Picky x VDL | Conditioning Lipcerin

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 7th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!