picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

dot133 Views

advice on Alpha Arbutin & Azelaic acid

I saw @picky ‘s IG post earlier comparing these two ingredients and it seems like they’re a top hit for PIH issues. I’ve never used either ingredient so I am curious to know - what would make you use them rather than, say, retinol or vitamin C or even niacinimide?🤔 Do you personally feel they are a necessary addition to your routine, and how do you use them? Can you use them alongside the above actives or instead of.. Was lucky to win a kbeautyschool giveaway so waiting on the Tiam Vita B3 Source so will receive it any day but not sure where to add it into my routine - am or pm? Any advice/info much appreciated 🙌🏼🌟🧡
carousel
Vita B3 Source

TIAM
Vita B3 Source

star rating

(1201)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

SkincareSushi user profile picture

SkincareSushi

Oily/Resilient

Azelaic like retinol promotes skin renewal and If I'm not mistaken it's commonly prescribed by dermatologist for people with rosacea so it's more of a drug than cosmetic. Arbutin, on the other hand, is a good skin brightener. It depends on what kind of skin concern you have in choosing whether vit c, retinol, etc. Some are comfortable using arbutin but not vitamin c, vice versa. It's probably better to use one active at a time so your skin wouldn't be overwhelmed it will end up irritated. Tho, tiam b3 already has niacinamide in it with arbutin and people are loving it. On my previous discussion regarding HG Brightening Products most people recommend Tiam B3.
upvote

comment

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

thankyou🧡 so informative! I’m almost finished my current vitamin C serum so I’ll just sub this in when it’s done 😄👌🏼🌟
upvote

comment

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

Treating PIH is hard. As you need to stop different pathways that form pigment. The UVB rays Inflammation and trauma (pimple) (chaffing) tyrosinase producing cells tyrosinase excacerbation so its not just one product that solves all thats why lots of people struggle with fading PIH. So the PIH combo I could for me is a multi products one that target this. Light exfoliation with AHA once a week. Niacinamide+VitC+Arbutin+spf has been my sweet spot I have tried each separately, then slowly adding one at a time observe how my skin likes it before adding more.
upvote

comment

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

oh wow! love this, thanks for explaining so well 🧡🤩 I don’t really have any pigmentation issues (yet🤞🏼) but I do suffer from dull looking & dehydrated skin so I know the Tiam Vita B3 will help brighten - I do have rosacea on my cheeks though, does Alpha Arbutin help with redness/sensitivity in any way or might it irritate me?🤔 I will try it out and see anyway, vitamin C serums don’t seem to cause me any problems so far 🌟
upvote

comment

CaitlynF user profile picture

CaitlynF

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for starting this discussion! ❤️ I have redness and PIH so I’ve always wondered what the difference is
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!