- by Jivaka Care, Co.,Ltd a company having its registered address at 204 Teheran-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea –
collectively “we”, “us”, “our”.
You are also hereby informed of the options available to You in terms of the usage and disclosure of Your information by us. You are also hereby informed of the options available to You in terms of the usage and disclosure of Your information by us.
- What kind of information do we collect?
- What do we collect this information for?
- With whom and what do we share this information for and how may we disclose it?
- How You Can Access Your Information
- How We Secure Your information
- Children’s Personal Information
- Contact Us
- For California Consumers
What kind of information do we collect?
Information you provide directly
- Your full name and surname, nickname, email address, gender, year of birth, skin type, skin concern, country of residence. We may collect and store the abovementioned information when You register and use the Service or provide it to us in some other manner, for example by corresponding with us (by email or chat, for instance) when You report a problem with the Service or when You subscribe to any of our services, or search for a service.
- When you write a review on a cosmetic product, we may collect and store nicknames, account names, written reviews, photographs, audio/visual records, tagline, and/or any content.
Note: Information about a third party
When You provide us with information about a third party, You must have the consent of that third party before providing us with that information. By providing us with information regarding a third party You warrant that You have their permission to provide that information to us.
Information collected automatically
- Device information that may include information specific to Your device (e.g., OS version, hardware model, unique device identifier, network information); information about Your logging in, use of features, functions, or notifications on the device. We may also collect and use Your Apple Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) and Google Advertising ID (AdID) to recognize Your device and support advertising activities on our Services. These number values are not permanently tied to Your device and, depending on Your operating system, You can reset it through Your device settings.
- Location: IP address, time zone, mobile service provider.
What do we collect this information for?
- Enhancing Your user experience on our Service by operating, maintaining, and providing You with all of the content and features of the Services ("maintaining Service functionality purposes");
- Managing Your account and providing You with customer support. We may use Your Personal Information to respond to Your requests for technical support, Service information or to any other communication You initiate (“customer support purposes”);
- Communicating with You via push notifications, reminders about our Service, Service updates and relevant to Service information. You can opt out of receiving push notifications by changing the settings on Your device or in Your browser;
- If applicable, developing and providing content and advertising tailored to Your interests on our Service and other third-party services (“marketing purposes”);
- Arranging advertising campaigns, analysis of advertising campaigns effectiveness ("marketing purposes") to the extent permitted by the law;
- Identify and authenticate you so that you may use certain Services;
- Enable us to publish Your review information including, but not limited to, Your nickname, account name, written reviews, age, photographs, audio/visual records, tagline, and/or any content;
Use of Information for Further Purpose
- Detecting and resolving any fraud or other illegal or undesirable user behavior;
- Performing research and analysis about Your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others (“analytics purposes”);
- Taking other legally-required actions.
Use of Information Based on Your Consent:
- Share Your review information including, but not limited to, nicknames, account names, written reviews, age, photographs, audio/visual records, tagline, and/or any content, with our business partners.
This may include the selling of Your personal information to our business partners.
On other occasions where we ask You for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time. When we rely on consent, You will have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time. To exercise this right, please see the “Your Rights” section below.
For the Website, We may also use your email address to verify whether such email is correct; let you know about important updates to our terms and policies; communicate with you about our Service or our similar products that might be of interest for you. Depending on your jurisdiction, we may also send you other marketing communications, such as on products, product updates, offers, discounts, and provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you either based on your consent or unless you opt out of receiving such emails. All email communications are performed based on Our legitimate interest to the extent allowed under the law.
With whom and what do we share this
information for and how may we disclose it?
We may share Your Personal Information with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf, such as our authorized service providers or analytics providers. In general, the third-party providers engaged by us will only collect, use and disclose Your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us, e.g. facilitating our Service and analyzing how our Service is used.
You can learn more about main service providers with whom we may share Your Personal Information as described above hereunder, along with links to such service providers’ privacy policies.
1. Amazon Web Services: We use Amazon Web Services, which is a hosting and backend service provided by Amazon, for personal data hosting and enabling our Service to operate and be distributed to its users.
2. Amazon PinPoint: Amazon Pinpoint is AWS’s Digital User Engagement Service that provides tools, which enable Service audience management and segmentation, A/B testing and helps us understand user behavior.
In order to receive the analytics mentioned above we share the following data with Amazon PinPoint:
- User data;
- Endpoint data;
- Event data.
Crashlytics is a monitoring service provided by Google, which helps us to oversee infrastructure and Website performance, specifically we analyze Website crashes, reasons for such crashes and ways to avoid the crashes.
4. Facebook Pixel
The Facebook Pixel is an instrument, which allows us to track and analyze user’s activity on the Website.
5. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a product analytics tool provided by Google, which helps us to analyze the Service data and understand our users to optimize the Service performance.
6. Advertising services providers
We engage certain third-party service providers in order to help us spread the word about the Service and help the Service reach its potential users through reports and insights on how to optimize our promotional campaigns. For these providers, we recommend that You read their privacy policies so You can understand the manner in which Your Personal Information will be handled by these providers:
- Snapchat (https://www.snap.com/en-US/privacy/privacy-center/);
- Pinterest (https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy);
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/en/privacy);
- Google AdWords (https://policies.google.com/privacy);
- TikTok (https://www.tiktok.com/legal/privacy-policy?lang=en).
We use Amplitude for analytics and customer support purposes as described herein above.
As for analytics purposes, Amplitude helps us to understand, in particular, how users find our App (for example, which advertiser had delivered an ad that led You to our App in App store). Amplitude also provides us with different analytics tools that enable us to research and analyze Your use of the Service.
As for customer support purposes, Amplitude helps us to respond to Your requests for technical support. For example, it enables us to track Your interaction with our App and in order to detect particular technical issues with our App.
In order to receive those services from Amplitude, we share such data as:
- Age, gender, email, locale, referral source, plan type (“user related information”);
- Platform, device type, device family, country, city, region, carrier, OS, language, IP address (“technical information”);
- Your interaction with the App (i.e. taps on the particular screens).
We use Airship in order to deliver in-app messages (notifications or data messages) which may be of interest for you, as well as analyse effectiveness of such in-app messages, check their delivery status so that such messages are as relevant as possible.
Airship collects your user-related data to process the delivery of in-app messages and allow us to assess their effectiveness. Such user-related data may include characteristics of your device, app store, device’s language, OS version, your age, interactions with notifications, data messages, status of messages delivery etc, subscription status and some other data.
Please readAirship Full Disclosure Security PolicyandAirship Privacy Statementfor further information.
Law enforcement agencies and other public authorities
Third parties as part of a merger or acquisition
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Information on customers is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also share such information with any affiliated entity (e.g. parent company or subsidiary) and may transfer such information in the course of a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other Parties with Your Consent or on Your Request
Links to Other Websites, Devices, Apps and Features
The Service may provide the ability to connect to other websites, devices, apps and other features, which may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked website, device, app or other feature is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, use or privacy practices.
International Data Transfers
Your use of our Service will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information within and outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
In addition, to the extent permitted under applicable laws, You can object to the processing of Your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as, in particular, where we are not obligated to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
These rights may be limited. For example, if fulfilling Your request would reveal Personal Information of another person, where such disclosure would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if You ask us to delete information which we are required by law to maintain or have other compelling legitimate interests in maintaining the information, Your request may be denied.
We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. To make a request concerning Your rights or to make an inquiry, contact us. See the Contact Us section.
Please note that You may opt-out from sharing Your review information with our Business Partners by visiting the [Profile] page on the App.
If You reside in the European Economic Area You may object to the processing of Personal Information concerning You for marketing purposes by contacting us at the email specified in section “Contact Us” below and the related Personal Information shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
Please note that You may also opt out from collection of Your data for marketing and advertising purposes not only via our Service, but also on Your entire device using:
1) Your mobile device settings
iOS: go to “Settings” - “Privacy” - “Advertising” - “Limit Ad Tracking”. You may additionally reset Your advertising identifier (this also may help You to see less of personalized ads) in the same section.
Android: for Android 6.0 and higher – go to “Settings” - “Google” - “Ads” - ”Opt out of interest-based ads”. For Android 5.2 and lower, use Google Settings app - “Ads” - ”Opt out of interest-based ads”.
You may additionally reset Your advertising identifier (this also may help You to see less of personalized ads) in the same section for both options mentioned.
2) and links below:
- Network Advertising Initiative –http://optout.networkadvertising.org/
- Digital Advertising Alliance –http://optout.aboutads.info/
- Digital Advertising Alliance (Canada) –http://Youradchoices.ca/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance (EU) –http://www.Youronlinechoices.com/
- DAA AppChoices page –http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices
Please note that the result of such objection or cancellation may affect the process of the Services improvement. However, You would still be able to use the Service.
If You think that the Personal Information related to You is inaccurate, but You can’t rectify it as described above, You may contact us at the email specified in section “Contact Us” below to restrict the processing of such data for the period of time we need to verify the accuracy of the Personal Information, which we will inform You of.
As to the App, You can also stop collection of information by the App by uninstalling the App from Your mobile device. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of Your mobile device or via the App marketplace or network.
How We Secure Your information
- We protect the security of Your information by using encryption protocols;
- We aggregate and pseudonymize all of the users’ Personal Information;
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information;
- We employ Personal Information systematic backups, which are intended to reduce the risk from disk crashes and errors, such as accidental information deletion.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we make all reasonable efforts to prevent it. However, You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure.
Please note that we do not collect and we are not responsible for the collection or security of Your payment details.
Children’s Personal Information
[For U.S. Residents Only]
For California Consumers
Collection and Disclosure
We may have:
- Collected the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers such as a unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements;
- Sensory information including electronic, visual, or similar information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Collected personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- From you or your devices, for example, through your use of the Services; and
- Our affiliated companies which provide services on our behalf, such as customer support;
- Performing Services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a Service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the Service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Shared your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf;
- Social networks;
- Professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms;
- Other third parties when you separately consent to or request such sharing;
- We may also share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- A third party as part of an actual or planned merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- Government entities, including law enforcement as required by law.
- Sold the following categories of personal information about you:
We may have sold advertising/marketing cookies to our advertising service providers and analytics service providers in order to show you personalized advertisement based on your interactions with our Services when you visit such social media networks platform and to enhance our Service.
- Identifiers such as a unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, and internet protocol address.
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
- Review information including, but not limited to, nicknames, account names, written reviews, age, photographs, audio/visual records, tagline, and/or any content.
You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
To opt out of the sale of your personal information, click here (“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”). To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Last updated: March 15, 2022