picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Routine Help

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

dot887 Views

cotton or hand?

When using toner, are you more comfortable using cotton or pouring it directly into your hands?
upvote

comment

98 Comments

alinp user profile picture

alinp

Oily/Resilient

when i use the exfoliating toner i use the cotton pad for maximize the exfoliating but when it comes to hydrating i will just use my hands!
upvote

comment

softytulips user profile picture

softytulips

Dry/Resilient

I only use cotton pads for Micellar water. And my hands for toner. Since I don’t want to waste toner. My skin tends to like it better, and soaks it up better.
upvote

comment

Janetliono user profile picture

Janetliono

Dry/Resilient

Exfoliating toner: cotton. Hydrating toner: hands. Because each toner has different purpose :)
upvote

comment

nrzlkha user profile picture
super picky user badge

nrzlkha

Oily/Resilient

i love using my daily toner with my hands than just pat pat onto my skin face as i love boosting more hydration to my dehydrated skin πŸ˜‹πŸŒ»
upvote

comment

myrinA user profile picture

myrinA

Oily/Resilient

For me, depends on the toner. I love to use thin and watery textured toner with cotton pad. I call them cleansing toner since it can remove residues of dirt and all from my cleansing. Then I use a more thicker textured toner with my hand. Pour it into my palm and pat all over the face πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
upvote

comment

PickyMide user profile picture

PickyMide

Oily/Resilient

When your toner is cleaning dirt this means that your cleansing system is not good enough. A toner is not supposed to clean or wipe off any dirt. It is for damping and hydrating the skin. Please look over your cleansing method! You can double cleanse, that means yo go in with an oil based product firts (Clean it Zero - Cleansing Balm or Coxir - Cleansing oil) and then emulsify this and clean everything up with a water based cleanse ( CeraVe) and then you won't find any dirt on your cotton pad. After that you will realise the real benefits of your toner :)
Ultra Hyaluronic Cleansing Oil

Coxir
Ultra Hyaluronic Cleansing Oil

star rating

(195)

favorite

Foaming Face Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin

CeraVe
Foaming Face Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin

star rating

(41)

favorite

Original

Banila Co.
Original

star rating

(242)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush event

Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 7th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!