picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Pinkyprawn user profile picture

Pinkyprawn

Oily/Resilient

dot1,135 Views

Do you have anxiety? Does your skincare routine help?

I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder I deal with depression, and anxiety daily. I have found that my skincare routine is a good way to keep me grounded. It’s also good for me to be good to myself and this daily reminder morning and night helps a great deal. I find myself having a bad day if I happen to forget. I included a photo of my morning routine, that I normally do before the sun comes up.
carousel
upvote

comment

59 Comments

Skincarekitten user profile picture

Skincarekitten

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you for sharing and making yourself vulnerable to the community, it means a lot ❤️ I find that my skincare routine helps with setting my routine and mentally calming me on stressful days ✨
upvote

comment

Pinkyprawn

Oily/Resilient

Yes I’m all about transparency and mental health we have to get rid of this stigma far more people suffer and never get help because of the stigma. That doesn’t help anything in today’s society. Normalize the crazy! Lol
upvote

comment

Muziz user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Muziz

Oily/Resilient

i do have anxiety, but skincare routine is something i always cherish on, this is the time for me to love myself. ❤️❤️❤️
upvote

comment

Pinkyprawn

Oily/Resilient

Yes so much so
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Oh I can relate. Since Covid 19 and all quarantine regulations I feel depressed lately and doing my skincare is one of thing that helps me to get out of bed. I like doing my skincare and focus on me. It's a bit like meditation to me while massaging my face. Hang in there! I hope some day you feel better♡ Hope you get healthy skin and stay safe in these times! (sorry I'm not good with words)
upvote

comment

Pinkyprawn

Oily/Resilient

Thank you so much! I hope you do the same and that the glorious spring weather will help you beat the blah.
upvote

comment

codel user profile picture

codel

Dry/Sensitive

yes i suffer from anxiety and depression but skincare doesn’t really helps. the only thing is it motivates me to take a shower !
upvote

comment

yorindda user profile picture

yorindda

Oily/Resilient

definitely agree!
upvote

comment

ashysaurusrex user profile picture

ashysaurusrex

Dry/Resilient

I have anxiety and sometimes my skincare routine helps me. Other times I feel too anxious to even worry about my skincare and I hate that. :(
upvote

comment

Pinkyprawn

Oily/Resilient

Yes I have these kinds of days too all we can do is just keep trucking and try to make tomorrow a better day. Love and peace to you.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VDL | Conditioning Lipcerin  event

Picky x VDL | Conditioning Lipcerin

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 7th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!