picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Ingredients

frenchxgirl user profile picture

frenchxgirl

Oily/Sensitive

dot415 Views

Ingredients that SHOULD NOT be mixed! (for beginners)

Hello everyone šŸ˜ Today I wanted to talk a bit about some ingredients that you guys do not have to mix together! Since we usually layer products together, I think it could help some of you šŸ˜Š ā€¢ Retinol + AHA/BHA = can cause irritation, redness, peeling and dryness! āœØ to fix! -> alternate nights. ā€¢ Vitamin C + AHA/BHA = they are both pH dependent to be active. It can cause irritation! āœØ to fix! -> apply Vitamin C in the morning and AHA/BHA at night. * BHA + Benzoyl Peroxide = can cause inflammation, redness or dryness. āœØ to fix! -> alternate nights for an acne fighting duo. * Retinol + Vitamin C = can cause dryness, peeling or irritation. āœØ to fix! -> Vitamin C in the morning and AHA/BHA at night. * Benzoyl Peroxide + Retinoids = Can cause dryness and mild to severe irritation. āœØ to fix! -> Benzoyl Peroxide in the morning and Retinoids at night! Hope it will help you, and I wanted to add that these combinations can be handled by some people so it depends on your skin. Listening to our skin is the most important šŸ˜šŸ§–šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
upvote

comment

22 Comments

ayuvita23 user profile picture

ayuvita23

Oily/Resilient

thankyou for the information , but you better write this guides is for beginner. bcause there's no rules on skincare layering as long as your skin can handle it . for me , using vit c and BHA is a great combination . and my skin looks great when I layering retinol + bha . back again with how much precentage and type of actives that combined , and how much your skin can handle it without irritation .
upvote

comment

illie user profile picture

illie

Dry/Sensitive

Agree on this! I believe there's no specific rules on layering skincare. BHA is acid and usually in low pH, Vit C work best at low pH so this combination would be great. Also while acid exfoliation skin deeply, it will make retinol penetrate easily on the skin and give better result But everybody skin is different, some can handle this combination well and others not. Some can tolerate high and a bunch of actives and some not. Know and listen to our skin is the best
upvote

comment

irisskin user profile picture

irisskin

Dry/Resilient

thank you for this!! definitely going to save this for future reference
upvote

comment

lilylucrenze user profile picture

lilylucrenze

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for sharing! šŸ˜‰
upvote

comment

Sillypans user profile picture

Sillypans

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you for sharing this info!! šŸ™ŒšŸ»
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x 9Wishes | Rice Foaming Cleanser event

Picky x 9Wishes | Rice Foaming Cleanser

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 21th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!