picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

dumiya user profile picture

dumiya

Oily/Sensitive

dot115 Views

Tretin -A

Hi! I just want some help with how to use tretin in my skin care routine. Should I mix it with my moisturizer or directly apply on skin? How often?
1% Tretinoin Cream

Perrigo
1% Tretinoin Cream

star rating

(3)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

rronerek user profile picture

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

You don’t want to mix it with anything as it may lead to uneven coverage on your skin. Instead, you can use it before or after moisturizer, or “sandwich” it with before and after layers of moisturizer. I use it after moisturizer has dried a bit on my face per the Dr. Dray method. But whatever works for your skin!
upvote

comment

rronerek user profile picture

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

also starting off you may want to just try 1-2x a week at night, then work your way up to more frequently.
upvote

comment

thecurlymess user profile picture

thecurlymess

Oily/Sensitive

hello. tret is a pretty strong ingredient. This is how I introduced to my skin. 1. patch test. I did that on my upper arm. and checked the area in 24 hrs to confirm my skin didnt react to it. 2. After a succesful patch test, I started using tret in my PM routine. I cleansed, applied my hydrating toners and essences (no actives) and sealed that in with moisturizer. As a beginner, I applied tret over my moisturizer to prevent irritation. I allowed the moisturizer to dry fully before applying tret. 3. I applied vaseline or any protective balm around my mouth and eyes to protect them. 4. I used a pea sized amount (not more) and dotted it across my face avoiding the eye area. Then massaged it into my skin. *Dont apply it on the neck. skin is too thin and cant handle tret. 5. In the morning, I washed my face with a gentle cleanser, and followed with SPF. 6. For the first month, I used tret only once a week then sexond month applied it 2-3 times a week. hope this helps love !
upvote

comment

dumiya user profile picture

dumiya

Oily/Sensitive

thank you so much
upvote

comment

X

xinxin

Oily/Sensitive

is that the exact product that you’re using? I’m definitely no expert, but 1% seems very strong for a beginner. never a good idea to mix products together. I suggest after your night moisturizer has dried (I like to wait 30+ minutes), apply a pea size all over your face, focussing on your acne/ wrinkles/ problem spots, and spread outwards. be careful with sensitive areas like eyes or chin/ mouth area. when I first began tret, I found this super helpful guide that I think can help you too! I followed it to the T and I think the tips in there really helped me ease into trer much easier. Good luck! https://docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vRQmcAj-x5A8JIQygtW2Rg89uPsJPR5JLH_dLxLNCW4eazWW4i49bsrF0e2YYx10wx00ctaUnyvHfyD/pub
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!