picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

L

leighyah

Oily/Resilient

dot426 Views

am i purging?

I just started my new skin care routine.. i used Ordinary glycolic toner Luxe organix emulsion AHA/BHA Ordinary Salicylic Ordinary Niacinamide + sunblock (for morning) But there are still small frequent break outs.☹ I started last June 25 only.
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

27 Comments

chlil2002 user profile picture

chlil2002

Oily/Sensitive

you've been overexfoliating if you are using all 3 of the top 3 products on yr list 2x daily. im not sure how yr skin looked like before this, i see some PIH (brown spots) going on besides the acnes. are the brown spots new? i highly suggest to STOP using them all for a FEW WEEKS (or maybe longer) to calm down & heal yr skin. i don't see you listing moisturizer in yr routine... do you use one at night? just cleanse, moisturize & sunblock in morning and double cleanse and moisturize in evenings for now. im concerned that doing more would be damaging yr skin. when yr skin gets better, just use 1 product once a week AT NIGHT NOT MORNING, and see how yr skin feels. (eg: ordinary glycolic every sunday night for 2 weeks) if after a couple of weeks yr skin is doing fine, then use 2 products, once a week each for eg: ordinary glycolic OR luxe AHABHA every sunday nite, ordinary salicylic masque every Thursday night for 2 weeks. always remember to moisturize after using these acids. you can add the niacinamide before you moisturize if that niacinamide doesn't dry yr skin out. if you see pimples popping up, very dry skin with tight feeling again, you should hold back the acids and limit to once a week. eg: week 1 ordinary glycolic, week 2 luxe, week 3 salicylic.
upvote

comment

L

leighyah

Oily/Resilient

thank you for this. i will follow your recommendations. i have more acnes before leaving brown spots. my skin does not feel dry also even using the products day and night. can you recommend a good moisturizer i can buy?
upvote

comment

AfrynKhyra user profile picture

AfrynKhyra

Dry/Resilient

I think i know why. If you're using too much exfoliating products in one routine everyday, this will cause over-exfoliating. So i would suggest you to stop using them together. Glycolic acid - AHA Salicylic - BHA Try to change them with hydrating and calming products.
upvote

comment

haniyyy user profile picture

haniyyy

Oily/Resilient

do you use the ordinary salicylic, ordinary niacinamide and luxe organix emulsion aha/bha every day?
upvote

comment

giulia3 user profile picture

giulia3

Oily/Resilient

Ordinary glycolic toner Luxe organix emulsion AHA/BHA Ordinary Salicylic Those are all exfoliating products that aren't meant to be used together, you should exfoliate max 2/3 time a week with 1 products. over exfoliating can actually damage the skin and give you more acne/problem than before
upvote

comment

confusedbeginner user profile picture

confusedbeginner

Oily/Sensitive

Are you using all these products everyday?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!