picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

BeautyByPotato user profile picture

BeautyByPotato

Oily/Sensitive

dot142 Views

How do you know if you are properly cleansed? đŸ€”

I don't usually use make up, but my sunscreen is kinda waterproof. I use the one from Anua. If I use my micellar water before cleanser, my skin will feel very dry so i use it afterward. (It claims that you don't need to wash it off) But sometimes I wonder if it can properly remove my sunscreen đŸ˜„ I usually switch between AHC or The History of Whoo cleanser
3 SUPA Cleansing Water

oolo
3 SUPA Cleansing Water

star rating

(9)

favorite

5-Zero Mild Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++

ANUA
5-Zero Mild Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(25)

favorite

Gongjinhyang Facial Foam Cleanser

The History of Whoo
Gongjinhyang Facial Foam Cleanser

star rating

(2)

favorite

Peony Bright Deep Cleansing Foam

AHC
Peony Bright Deep Cleansing Foam

star rating

(0)

favorite

upvote

comment

7 Comments

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

after you cleanse, your skin should feel clean. for me this means my skin is not oily, smooth and light, and my pores feel like it can “breathe” completely. usually we use cleansing water/oil first to help break down and emulsify sunscreen/makeup. it won’t remove all your sunscreen. the second cleanse—with a cleanser—ensures that sunscreen is completely removed. if you’re worried about not removing your sunscreen completely, i suggest taking your time with the cleansing water, and being thorough. massage your skin with it to let the water and oil do its job. so the cleansing water you use doesn’t really have any ingredients that can cause dryness. it only has 3 ingredients, tho it does seem like something that can be used as a toner. my guess is that there’s something in your cleanser(s) that’s making your skin dry. i suggest discontinue use of the cleanser that’s doing that.
upvote

comment

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

I prefer to use cleansing oil/balm before water base cleanser, I feel like it removes sunscreen better then micellar water. if not washed off micellar water leaves some kind of residue on my skin wich I don’t like.
upvote

comment

pickycece user profile picture

pickycece

Oily/Resilient

If thats the case with your sunscreen, i guess you should double cleanse. Use cleansing oil instead of micellar water for a better cleansing. After using cleansing oil, go for your choice of facial cleanser.
upvote

comment

SashaGrace user profile picture

SashaGrace

Oily/Resilient

Micellar never did enough for my skin. Oil cleanser then a foam cleanser is my favorite to get everything off. Sometimes if my skin is dry, I only use the oil cleanser.
upvote

comment

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

If your sunscreen is waterproof then you should consider using cleansing oil instead of micellar water I guess
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!