picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

mlsdiaries user profile picture

mlsdiaries

Oily/Resilient

dot248 Views

“Influencers” selling PR products

Hello! What are your thoughts on “influencers” who would sell PR products sent for review just a few days after posting their thoughts on said products? Also, will the reviews still be reliable, especially if it was mentioned on the seller post that said the products were used only a few times? Hoping we can have a healthy discussion about this.
upvote

comment

8 Comments

MieraSyaf user profile picture

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

Based on my opinion, I think that kind of behaviour is dishonesty, really I said. The brands should take into consideration about the matter related to this because it can affect their customers. Me as a skincare lover, I do believe when I read the reviews and feedback on the social media platform especially from the official brand sources. It one of the factors I take into consideration before buying new products. I would love to hear honest review and not fake review. It so sad to hear, I mean the influencer should not take advantage selling PR products to gain money. My POV 😂
upvote

comment

mlsdiaries

Oily/Resilient

Same thoughts! It's just sad that some so called “influencers” are making PRs as money-making business when in the first place, most are received for free!
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

I agree with @MieraSyaf! I think it's a bit disrespectful! Like I dont mind if you try it but your skin doesnt get well with the product... But to sell it?? Like it was gift for you and if you're only use a little bit can you really write a good review?? A lot of products (ingredients) take time to work and only using it once for a "review".... I'm sorry but I think that those influencers are only there for likes!
upvote

comment

mlsdiaries

Oily/Resilient

INDEED!! It's a disgrace and a stain to the skincare community!
upvote

comment

skinwithclods user profile picture

skinwithclods

Oily/Sensitive

I personally think it’s so wrong, as it was sent for free and then they’re making a profit off it. If they don’t find the use for it, it could be a good idea to donate the products (to a shelter etc)for people who may need them more🙂
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

Unfortunately this is been happening for a while and I don't think it'll stop soon. When the brands understand that the number of followers doesn't really make you an "influencer" because let's face it, most of them are bots, and these kind of people are just a sellouts, they will really be looking for
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

Looking for people who can really use their products and give honest feedback..My post was cut off and don't want to do it again.
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

WTF
upvote

comment

MieraSyaf user profile picture

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

Hey, you okay?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!