picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

Dani7 user profile picture

Dani7

Dry/Sensitive

dot404 Views

Cleansing oil but first ingredient is water

Hi guys! So I’ve been trying to find a good cleansing balm or oil cleanser that is gentle on my sensitive skin to remove spf and makeup at night. At first I tried the banila unscented but I felt like my skin was extra dried out afterwards even tho I use a soothing and hydrating routine. I am now onto Avene xeraAD cleansing oil but I am confused. The first ingredient is water but it’s supposed to be a cleansing oil. Does that still mean the cleanser is water based and not technically an oil cleanser? Help! Recommendations for other oil cleansers/balms appreciated as well!
XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil

Avene
XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil

star rating

(10)

favorite

upvote

comment

2 Comments

Niacinaemide user profile picture

Niacinaemide

Dry/Resilient

I heard good reviews about them

Dani7

Dry/Sensitive

thank you! I’ve been thinking about the dear, Klairs or the then I met you
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Formula wise that’s normal. It helps to keep the formula light other than using 100% oil, if there is no water it will be like a block of wax or a blob of oil. The oil water is homogenized (mixed together) with a homoginizer. It’s still considered and oil cleanser since the oil cleanser helps to break down makeup and sunscreen. *edit now I seen the whole ingredients list, it’s more to a hybrid cleanser with oils in it. Hey if it works, it works!
upvote

comment

Dani7

Dry/Sensitive

thank you! for a few years I double cleansed my healthy skin barrier away so spend awhile rebuilding and need something at night for spf and makeup! I’ve only been using it for a few weeks now so yet to be determined if it’s a winner
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!