picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

Renterese user profile picture

Renterese

Oily/Resilient

dot96 Views

BHA everyday?

From what I've gathered, the recommended frequency of using a BHA product is about 3 times a week. But I got this product a few weeks ago and it says on the packaging it's for daily, morning and night use. Since that's the recommendation on the bottle, does that mean it's formulated to be gentle enough for that, or is it just the brand's way of making me have to buy more quicker since I'm going through it faster than necessary? Regardless of if that's actually best for the skin? I have been using it (mostly) twice a day since I got it, and have not experienced irritation, redness, or any other signs of a damaged skin barrier. So I imagine it's the former, that it's just gentle enough to be able to apply it that frequently. Still wanted to see what you guys think about it tho! This isn't the only product I've had such questions about.
Clear Genius Clarifying Toner + Serum

Bliss
Clear Genius Clarifying Toner + Serum

star rating

(53)

favorite

upvote

comment

5 Comments

saskiaskin user profile picture

saskiaskin

Oily/Resilient

I personally wouldn’t use daily even if it’s gentle. I find 2-3 x week more than enough
upvote

comment

Mooi user profile picture

Mooi

Oily/Sensitive

This toner is so gentle! My sensitive skin can tolerate using it everyday. However, I just use it every other day now, so my skin still has room to breathe from using exfoliating ingredients.
Suriskinsdiary user profile picture

Suriskinsdiary

Oily/Sensitive

if it say can be use as daily, so it can be. every product have different applications because different concentrations. usually concentration below 1% can be use daily because its for acne treatment, while above 1% cant be use daily as its for exfoliating.
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

It depends on the percentage, the formulation and your skin. There is also the lifestyle you lead and the other actives that you use BHA is not just exfoliating it is aslo anti inflammatory and anti microbial (to a certain degree) I use mine almost everyday except on days when I am lazy. I don’t follow these rules since they are not set in stone unless it’s what the label say. If you use BHA and it still dries your skin even though you apply once a week, you should switch to AHA. So just listen to your skin and follow accordingly

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!