picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Skin Concern

A

agns

Oily/Sensitive

dot122 Views

Early 30’s and still getting large breakouts! 😩

My face had been acne prone skin and have tried different products already. I have been reading ingredients and ended up using the below in my routine. I usually have breakouts in my chin (once the existing is healed, a new one appears 😥) and cheeks and they also leave darkspots too once healed as they usually are big pimples as well. 😩 AM routine: cosrx low ph gel cleanser, thayers, dear klairs vit drop, luxe organix rosewater soothing gel PM routine: cosrx salicylic daily cleanser, thayers, dear klairs vit drop, luxe organix aloe and snail soothing gel Can you let me know if you guys are experiencing this before and atm too? How do you address this? Thank you so much!
upvote

comment

3 Comments

A

Appliey

Oily/Resilient

If you are breakout prone, you may want to consider adding an exfoliating acid (BHA) 1-3 times a week, depending on how much your skin can tolerate. I recommend starting off with a low % like the Benton one. Salicylic acid in a cleanser may not be the best as you will wash off the product.
Aloe BHA Skin Toner

BENTON
Aloe BHA Skin Toner

star rating

(851)

favorite

upvote

comment

A

agns

Oily/Sensitive

thanks! i’ll check this out
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I've battled acne for 17 years and only seen real improvement in the past year. I'll tag the products that helped me but you need to find your balance. Watch your diet, stress, tiredness levels, hydration, alcohol intake, hormone levels. Be patient with your skin and don't rush anything if you're trying something new. Also good to do deeper exfoliation 1-2x a week and a clay mask 1x a week.
A

agns

Oily/Sensitive

thank you! i’ll have a look into these items.
upvote

comment

Dalia user profile picture

Dalia

Oily/Resilient

this was happening to me recently and I just cut my routines down to the very basics. in the morning I cleansed, used a hyaluronic acid toner, moisturized, and applied sunscreen. in the evening I double cleansed and moisturized. that was it, and my skin healed quickly. I find that doing more can make things worse sometimes. I know this won't work for everyone, though. and honestly if the acne is very bad and nothing works then you might need to see a dermatologist. I've needed a prescription in the past when I was dealing with cystic acne (which it kind of sounds like what you're dealing with).
upvote

comment

A

agns

Oily/Sensitive

yup the right word I am looking for, cystic acne 😩 thanks for your feedback and suggestion! :)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!