picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Opinion

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

dot151 Views

πŸ’œ Realistic skin expectations

I feel that I'm seeing so many of us beating ourselves up about our inability to reach certain skincare goals. And this can be very demotivating as well as potentially difficult to deal with emotionally. We see so many glowing pictures with glass skin and other poreless individuals that make us look at our own faces with disgust and think why can't I have that. Well we can't, because no one can! Human skin has pores, hairs, texture and it sweats and blushes and gets acne and a rash and fine lines and hyperpigmentation and darker under eyes circles after a long night! And that is perfect and it's beautiful. Yes, skincare is something that can help us heal our scars and improve the texture etc, but that absolute perfection is unachievable and can affect how we feel about ourselves. Love your skin, be kind and patient to it, and be YOU πŸ’œ
upvote

comment

6 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

agree !! πŸ’―πŸ’― we shld all love ourselves & accept ourselves first befor anyone ❀️❀️
upvote

comment

JoyaSweet user profile picture

JoyaSweet

Oily/Resilient

Indeed. We shouldn't be too hard on ourselves. No one could love us more than anyone but ourselves.
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

i agree completely!πŸ‘πŸΌ let's not forget that all these "glass skin" pics are edited and/or achieved thanks to make up. SOOOOOO we need to let go of that fake and toxic trend. realistic goals and treating one or two concern after another is the easiest way to go, IMO of course.
upvote

comment

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Yes to this!! ❀️✨
upvote

comment

shaooo user profile picture

shaooo

Dry/Sensitive

yessss, very well said. thats how you do it☺️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!