picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Sarrr user profile picture

Sarrr

Oily/Resilient

dot158 Views

Damaged Skin Barrier

Hi, everyone! Has anyone had a damaged skin barrier and how did you determine that a damaged skin barrier was the cause of your acne and irritation instead of another skin cocnern? I’m inquiring because I believe I damaged my skin barrier last week, possibly from over cleansing by using the wrong type of cleanser for my skin. I had breakouts in an area I’ve never had them before, on my cheekbone area. I do seem to cleanse the most there which is why I thought it was caused by my cleansing.
carousel
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

hi dear , skin barrier damaged not necessarily only caused by acne or irritation only. as u said , cleansing too hard & using wrong products for ur skin type could be one of the reason too. glad that u realised ur own mistake & discontinue doing it. cleanser is necessary so I would advise u to look for a gentle one & suits ur skin type. avoid actives & exfoliant for awhile for now ☺️☺️
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Firstable, I love your sunglasses 😎❤️. Secondable, if you suspect your cleanser is the culprit, maybe stop using it and see how it goes, from what your picture can tell, I can’t really see big issue here. For future reference you might want to have a barrier repair arsenal in your stash. 😊
Great Barrier Relief

Krave Beauty
Great Barrier Relief

star rating

(369)

favorite

Skin Essentials Barrier Repair Aqua Concentrate

Rovectin
Skin Essentials Barrier Repair Aqua Concentrate

star rating

(17)

favorite

upvote

comment

Finchy user profile picture

Finchy

Dry/Sensitive

The biggest cue to me that I’ve compromised my barrier is when my skin stings when applying my products, including the gentle, hydration focused ones. If nothing else in your routine or life changed other than going hard with that cleanser, it’s relatively safe to assume that’s the issue. But overcleansing can lead to breakouts itself because you’re stripping your skin of its natural moisture and in turn, it can try to overcompensate by producing excess oil. Yoy only need to cleanse twice at a day at most, massaging your face for two minutes max with the cleanser before rinsing.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!