picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

Biyangkaaa user profile picture

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

dot1,369 Views

Red Flag Ingredient: ALCOHOL

I'm currently searching for sunscreens and I've check the Biore sunscreen the blue one. I've read reviews that it has alcohol. I did some readings on alcohols and this is what I've read. There are good types of alcohol which is fatty alcohols. This contributes on the increase transdermal delivery of ingredients. While the bad alcohols cause the drying of our skin and destroy skin barrier in the long run. Hope this one helps to those who started out doing skincare. You can also add some of yoir thoughts and knowledge. Happy skincare everyone. Stay hydrated! ♥ https://www.byrdie.com/alcohol-in-skincare
upvote

comment

91 Comments

SilverSliver user profile picture

SilverSliver

Dry/Sensitive

While certain alcohols can be irritating alone, it is essential to consider the overall formulation of the product rather than avoiding it altogether simply because of one ingredient. Some products contain drying alcohols, such as denatured alcohol, however, they also have other moisturizing and hydrating ingredients to combat the drying effects. Since most of us aren’t chemists, it is recommended to try the product first and see what reaction it has on the skin. Lastly, everyone’s skin is different so experiment and use what’s best for you. Hope this helps💕
upvote

comment

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

I agree. Sometimes I wanna tell someone saying "oh that has an alcohol don't use that" I wanna tell them to look on how the ingredients are formulated and what ingredients are incorporated. Whenever I see alcohol ingredients I like to see if they have mositurizing and hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic etc. Thanks for your thoughts. 😊😊
upvote

comment

DMPRA user profile picture

DMPRA

Oily/Resilient

alot are a fan of biore sunscreen. but it stings on my face. i just avoid alcohol no matter what just to be safe lol.
upvote

comment

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

No worries. Just listen to your skin ❤ keep exploring what's good in your skin
upvote

comment

AmeeJay user profile picture

AmeeJay

Dry/Resilient

I've tried sunscreens with alcohol and it never reacts well with my skin. I can see that people love the blue Biore one but I won't risk it causing a reaction to my skin.
upvote

comment

cuwaya user profile picture

cuwaya

Oily/Sensitive

That's right, many people suggest to use Biore, but most of them contain alcohol 😭
upvote

comment

A
picky squad user badge

Ambila

Dry/Resilient

Thank you for sharing this information!!
upvote

comment

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

You're welcome ❤ keep exploring skincare 😊😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!