picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Jommel user profile picture

Jommel

Oily/Resilient

dot376 Views

💦seawater💦 to treat acne?

So as I was scrolling down on my tiktok, I stumbled upon a video of a girl who talks about how seawater helped in her acne. Within just days, her acnes were getting better. And she made a recipe which utilizes sea salt mixed with warm water then being sprayed on her face. What are your thoughts about this? I'm really curious
upvote

comment

36 Comments

157min user profile picture

157min

Dry/Resilient

i think there is some pros and cons, and the reaction might differ between people. sea watwr obviously has high concentration of salt which could be drying. Certain people also have like small wound spot due to the popped pimple, so i don't think it would be pleasant for the popped pimple to be in contact with saltwater. for me, it is better to use skincare products that has been formulated by chemist and dermatologist, and i don't need to worry about the hygiene too ❤
upvote

comment

NothingButGrace user profile picture

NothingButGrace

Oily/Sensitive

Salt water definitely helps to make sure open acne is clean, and prevent infections, so can in turn prevent spots from getting more inflame. I am unsure on how well it could work to prevent acne entirely though, never tried haha.
upvote

comment

ameliaoktarija user profile picture

ameliaoktarija

Oily/Sensitive

up up
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Apparently sea salt may actually help, although I'd be reluctant to try as it is very drying
upvote

comment

Testandopinion user profile picture

Testandopinion

Dry/Sensitive

the sea salt helps 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!