picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

D

Daisyyyy

Oily/Resilient

dot304 Views

Pore Concerns

Hi! What products should I avoid and look for when dealing with blackheads, whiteheads, and large pores?
upvote

comment

15 Comments

G

Glowingclouds

Oily/Resilient

Your skin type is Oily/Resilient, to address enlarged pores, whiteheads and blackheads concern for oily skin you may want to look for product with BHA(a type of exfoliating acid which is usually suitable for oily skin UNLESS your skin type oily but SENSITIVE). My personal experience is despite I have oily skin but my skin tends to also be very dry and flaky and sensitive, everytime I use whatever form of product with salicylic acid, my skin sure get irritated and the latest one was when I used a facial cleanser with salicylic acid and my skin is full of red bump, large pimple/ acne for 3 weeks, my skin become so irritated but I’m glad it’s fully healed now. Everyone’s skin is different, what works for others may not work for you, hence listen to your skin is very important! The most common ones of BHA for oily and NOT sensitive skin is salicylic acid. However, note that exfoliating acids came in many different types of products, it could be toner, serum or toning pad, there is no one best product, you have to try it and find which suits your skin best. However, exfoliating acid can be tricky especially for new user who has never use any acid before, one golden rule is to always GO SLOW and START with LOW PERCENTAGE. And always LISTEN to your skin. Exfoliating acid function by speeding up cell turnover rates hence you may experience purging and this is completely normal, speeding up cell turnover will also bring whatever acne/ pimples underneath your skin to ‘surface’ that’s when you see your skin suddenly have so many acne/ pimple. However, if you’re worried, you may want to look for Mandelic acid from AHA family, it is has the largest molecule size and hence would penetrate your skin much lesser deep and hence would have lesser chance to irritate your skin. Or you may also search for PHA, these acids has the largest molecular size than any of the AHA or BHA family members, which is also a good choice for very sensitive skin. However, if you don’t want to use acid, niacinamide serum could be a good choice, it can tightens enlarged pores, regulate sebum production and brightening. Again, there is still so much more to read and search for before you decide which product you are going to try! Good luck! Remember whatever product you decided to use, GO SLOW and START low percentage and LISTEN TO YOUR SKIN.
upvote

comment

L

Lehmon

Dry/Resilient

that's a really long suggestion😍 thanks for the info
upvote

comment

lunabellarina user profile picture
super picky user badge

lunabellarina

Oily/Resilient

I usually stay away from thick, creamy moisturizer and opted for gel moisturizer instead.
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

When our pores are clogged, pores appear large. I use this chemical exfoliator twice a week. It's reduced whiteheads & blackheads for me. My pores appear smaller too.
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner

Some By Mi
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner

star rating

(1234)

favorite

upvote

comment

krisdianaindri user profile picture

krisdianaindri

Oily/Sensitive

AHA for dry skin and BHA for oily skin.. maybe you can try a product which consist AHA and BHA inside
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!