vaseline

Is vaseline good for your skin?
upvote

comment

11 Comments

mmskin user profile picture

mmskin

Dry/Sensitive

If used properly when slugging before bed, it can do wonders for your skin! Vaseline is all occlusive so it does provide any hydration or moisture but it does lock in all your products underneath it, so if you apply a moisturizer under vaseline, the vaseline will help you get the full benefits and as much hydration’s and moisture from your moisturizer as possible. This can also backfire, for people who are acne prone/oily skin or use strong chemical exfoliants, trapping too much of the skins oils in the pots will results in breakouts, and trapping too much acids in the skin can result in irritation. The success of vaseline heavily relies of the individual and the products you use under it.
upvote

comment

A

aileen1969

Oily/Resilient

thank you
upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

is great for dry & dehydrated skin imo, oily skin ppl is less likely. I personally love to use Vaseline on dry crack lips , it helps a lot 💖💖
upvote

comment

H

happygracieee

Oily/Sensitive

I use Vaseline as my lip balm and it's good for me.
Petroleum Jelly Original

Vaseline
Petroleum Jelly Original

star rating

(240)

favorite

upvote

comment

thecurlymess user profile picture

thecurlymess

Oily/Sensitive

Vaseline is an occlusive meaning it prevents water from escaping from your skin (transepidermal water loss). You cant rely on it alone as a moisturizer but its worth adding into your routine as the final step because it seals in all your other products (which is called slugging)
upvote

comment

AmberJ user profile picture

AmberJ

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for clarifying what slugging means!!! I hadn’t heard this term before.
upvote

comment

skinchelinguide user profile picture

skinchelinguide

Dry/Resilient

Its good for my skin, helps with hydration, but note that some people might have issues with this, like breaking out badly when slugging
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!