picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Skin Concern

Roooni user profile picture

Roooni

Oily/Sensitive

dot404 Views

Dry hands!!! HELP!

Hi šŸ‘‹ I have oily to combination skin on my face but when it comes to my hands, they are VERY VERY DRY. I think partly it is due to the fact that Iā€™ve been using hand sanitizer more often and washing my hands with harsher soap (I use Dettol ), and partly because before I got into skincare I just didnā€™t care about moisturizing my hands and often cleaned dishes without gloves. My hands are not only dry but they also have deep lines on them and very rough. Every now and then I feel a slight pain and need to apply moisturizer. I tried quite a lot of method but none of them actually help my hands to become healthierā€¦ I tried: 1) Vaseline coated hands at night (I really donā€™t enjoy the sensation of slimy petroleum jelly on my hands ā€¦.so if you can recommend non- sticky method, it will be very much appreciated!) 2) apply oil + moisturiser I tried squalane, marula, and tamanu oilā€¦ And the moisturizer I use is illyoon ato ceramide cream (I love applying that on my face during winter but itā€™s not quite enough for my hands) and urea-based moisturizersā€¦. Do you have dry hands??? Any advice or any good hand skincare you usually use??
upvote

comment

43 Comments

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

sorry if im out of topic but what your face reaction of illiyoon ,i dont have dry hands but maybe handcream or lotion will help
upvote

comment

Roooni

Oily/Sensitive

I actually like illyoon a lot on my face, it is thick enough to go through the harsh winter nights without my skin feeling suffocating ā€¦ and help me stay moisturised
upvote

comment

A

Appliey

Oily/Resilient

It seems like your hands are really really dry! I think there's no way out except to apply a very very thick and nourishing hand cream / moisturiser... And apply as many thick layers as you need. No specific brand to recommend, as I don't normally use heavy creams... I think you should take extra care with the hand sanitising and harsh soaps. Yes, hygiene is very important especially in these times, but I think you should look for other sanitiser/soap options that are anti-bacterial, yet not too drying. Also... remember to apply sunscreen on your hands during the day!
upvote

comment

lunabellarina user profile picture
super picky user badge

lunabellarina

Oily/Resilient

I used to have dry hands, so dry the skin keeps peeling off from my palms and fingers. It started when I used a new powder detergen and back then I love hand washing all my knit clothes. I remember constantly applying super thick hand lotion on my hands and only use mild creamy hand soaps. I even started taking supplements to cure my dry hands. That was over 10 years ago but I do remember the agony šŸ˜”
upvote

comment

Roooni

Oily/Sensitive

I can relay! I dunno about the milder hand soap ā€¦ do you know any that is mild but also effective against virus and bacteria??
upvote

comment

M

minel

Oily/Sensitive

Anything with glycerin will help also find hand sanitizers containing hydrophilic
upvote

comment

Roooni

Oily/Sensitive

yes I usually forgot to apply sunscreen on my hands !!! thanks for the reminder! I guess for now Iā€™ll just keep on applying illyoon moisturizer as thick as possible . THANKS ā¤ļøā¤ļø
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!