picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Deals & News

dumiya user profile picture

dumiya

Oily/Sensitive

dot284 Views

Hair care - ogx

Felt like I should share about this with you all!
carousel
upvote

comment

6 Comments

tinyskin user profile picture

tinyskin

Oily/Resilient

this was actually cleared up by some dermatologists. DMDM hydantoin is a formaldehyde releaser, but it is used as a preservative and it just does what a preservative is supposed to. many things contain formaldehyde but aren't dangerous like pears, maple syrup, bottles, and instant coffee. it's the dosage of the ingredient that matters. the case might be that some people are possibly allergic to formaldehyde which can cause them irritation, and in turn, cause hair loss. furthermore, this ingredient has been used for DECADES and has not been proven to cause hair loss. other ingredients may be the cause of the irritation like fragrance which has been known to cause sensitivity to others. I really think this is just another case of fear mongering and demonizing an ingredient. I suggest watching Dr. Dray and Doctorly's videos on this topic since they're very informative and they know what they're talking about. Dr. Dray: https://youtu.be/WYuZsOAearo Doctorly: https://youtu.be/uRtoYP_eg24
upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

ahhh this brand is quite famous in the Europe countries ! 😍😍 it’s quite expensive here in my country but I wish to try this one day !! πŸ’—
upvote

comment

dumiya user profile picture

dumiya

Oily/Sensitive

better not for now πŸ˜…
upvote

comment

Alatinaandagolden user profile picture
super picky user badge

Alatinaandagolden

Oily/Resilient

thankfully I never tried this product. I don’t like coconut oil products on my face nor my scalp
upvote

comment

askinmood user profile picture

askinmood

Oily/Resilient

thanks for sharing
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!