picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Connect

thisisluuuna user profile picture

thisisluuuna

Oily/Sensitive

dot195 Views

SCAM ALERT!!!

Yesterday some ‘Picky officials’ followed me and thought it was a legit official account so I decided to followed it back but didn’t even bother to look at their timeline on Instagram. Now I have opened my Instagram account and saw a message from that account saying I have won a giveaway product. But before I could get that, they needed my credit card and they also need me to register on their partner sites. They really have provided some partner sites but instead of clicking that I’ve clicked their Instagram account to see if it is real. I saw that they just got created their account 1 day ago. ( So it’s definitely not an official account ) I just want to share this to y’all especially to those who are still new to this community to at least somehow raise an awareness. Be attentive and don’t just click any link that they would provide for you. People really are awful, they think they would scam people easily even in social media accounts. I’m not an influencer or anything. But I love receiving packages and all especially when it’s free but still be smart enough to check out their company and review everything first. Hope this information gets your way. Thank you.
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

12 Comments

Enris user profile picture

Enris

Oily/Resilient

Yes they have been coming up alot 😤 I hope will be aware of it and don't fall into their trap
upvote

comment

Renterese user profile picture

Renterese

Oily/Resilient

I've been getting a lot of these from several brands on Instagram! bliss even posted something about all the scam accounts made in their name
upvote

comment

Alatinaandagolden user profile picture
super picky user badge

Alatinaandagolden

Oily/Resilient

wow the BIGGEST SCAM! those people are so DISGUSTING 🤮 HORRIBLE than people can do this
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah user profile picture

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

this usually happens to me if I join a GA on instagram, some scam account holding almost the same username as the acct hosting the GA would suddenly follow me. They're bio would always say something along the lines of "official page for *brand name* winners!!" I don't pay any attention to those, they just rack up my follower count 😂
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for the heads up! Did you notify picky directly?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!