picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

dot161 Views

how to test patch

Hey Pickies, How do you guys test patch new products? I have very sensitive skin and i have many pimples and scars at the jawline. I heard that people normally test patch at the jawline but since my jawline has lots of pimples, will it work there? How do you all introduce it to your skin? Any suggestions? Thank you!
upvote

comment

3 Comments

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

Some do it behind the ears or the inner part of your arms
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

thank you. for the inner part of the arms is to test for allergies?
upvote

comment

A

Appliey

Oily/Resilient

I patch test at the back of my cheeks near the ears and also going down to my jawline. Depending on product, I might also patch test along the sides of my forehead, and on a small area of my butterfly zone (where I'm most prone to breakouts). Reason why I want to test directly on my face instead of just behind my ears is because I want to see if it works for my face! Patch testing behind ears can help point out allergic reactions, but if I patch test on my face, I can see if the product actually breaks me out / irritate my skin at areas I normally have reactions.! I think in your case, it's okay to patch test at where you usually breakout. So you can see if the product aggravates the sensitive areas of your skin and make your breakouts worse. Of course, remember to start with only little amounts of product and only on a small area!!! Then slowly build up
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

while doing patch test, the area will undergo purging? btw thank you so much!
upvote

comment

woder23 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

woder23

Oily/Resilient

I generally do it behind my ears or my neck area
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!