picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Ashweta user profile picture

Ashweta

Oily/Resilient

dot201 Views

The Ordinary: Granactive retinoid 2% emulsion

I have just started using this product and I’m new to Retinoids. I did not feel any irritation or sensation when I used it last night which makes me wonder if I could use this every night. I’ll use the retinoid from Monday to Friday at night. On Saturday, I’ll use Lactic acid. On Sunday, I’ll give my skin a break. Your opinions and suggestions will help a lot as I wish to know if I should start using the Retinoid everyday since I’m a beginner.
Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion

The Ordinary
Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion

star rating

(111)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Well… for retinoids it can take up to 6 weeks before you see any form of irritation (flakiness, dryness). This one from TO is the one I prefer best based of Dr Michelle from Lab Muffin Recommendation as the more photostable retinoid of TO. I actually use retinoids almost every night except when I am lazy. I keep dryness and flakiness at bay my using the moisturizer sandwich method. Moisturizer retinoid moisturizer. Back when I had oily skin, retinoid was the thing that kept my skin not oily. When I use retinoids at night I avoid using Vit C, AHA and BHA. If I understand what you mean that means you want to alternate AHA and Retinoids every other night? if so then I think it should be okay. Just listen to your skin if there is irritation and you can skip a day or two between them.
upvote

comment

Ashweta

Oily/Resilient

Great, thank you so much 😊
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I would suggest doing every other night at least for a couple of weeks. My skin was fine at first too so I just went for it until it started feeling tighter and kind of tingly. I took a break and then started again - now using every other night and my skin is happy. Everyone's skin is different but it's better to do things gradually than have to remedy the mistakes later (I've learnt my mistake!)
upvote

comment

Ashweta

Oily/Resilient

thank you so much 😊
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Don't start to use Lactic Acid too early. I would suggest, wait a bit and then try to slowly introduce products. Preferably, not in one routine since aha and retinol are usually strong itself, but together they can give even better results
upvote

comment

Ashweta

Oily/Resilient

I’ll use the retinoids from Monday to Friday at night. On Saturday, I’ll use Lactic acid. On Sunday, I’ll give my skin a break
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Perhaps use it alternate nights first? Or thrice a week? I used this twice a week & it was too much for my skin. I had painful zits- thankfully, recovery was fast! I'm following you on IG. I'd appreciate if you followed me too 💕 @blueskies8whiteclouds
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane

star rating

(104)

favorite

upvote

comment

chlil2002 user profile picture

chlil2002

Oily/Sensitive

it did nothing for my skin except working as a stepping stone towards a mild retinol
upvote

comment

Ashweta

Oily/Resilient

I’ll keep this in mind, thank you 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!