picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

mryry user profile picture

mryry

Dry/Sensitive

dot711 Views

Face Washing for Cystic Acne

I struggled heavily with cystic acne from age 18-23 my entire face was covered. I went through 4 dermatologist and a round of Accutane treatment for 9 months. The Accutane did magic it cleared my pores and stopped my breakouts. I was left with a lot of ice pick and boxcar scars in my face. After stopping the Accutane it started to slowly come back but due to the side effects and possible damage to your body I was not allowed to have any more of the medication in my system. So this is a routine that my dermatologist suggested for my aftercare to control the acne off of the medicine. I suggest using a gentle cleanser(not using your hands) cleanse your face rinse first with warm water then dry then rinse again with cold water to close pores. Dry face again. I then apply a thin layer of differin(I only do this at night Bc of dryness and sun sensitivity) then I do that in the morning without differin gel.
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Hey, I'm glad you've managed to get it under control! Well done! Just wanted to add a note to say that pores don't open/close, that's a common misconception
upvote

comment

sleepyangelina user profile picture

sleepyangelina

Oily/Sensitive

I was about to comment this until I saw that you had commented. Thank you for correcting this misconception.
upvote

comment

mryry

Dry/Sensitive

—not to be rude ... because my dermatologist who is also a dermatopathologist (a highly trained physician who specializes in diagnosing disorders of the skin under a microscope) Talley Whang in Bloomington Indiana specifically told me this...a medical doctor who i had to wait a year to see because she’s the best at what she does also here’s a picture please don’t knock my post unless there is education knowledge and experience to be able to make statements then yes I will agree. pore SIZE can’t change is what I think you mean, also here’s a screenshot from healthline saying that warm water does open up pores to release dirt and cold water closes them back up. I have to agree with my doctor as well as healthline.com but if you don’t agree still that’s ok we all have opions. best luck to everyone in their skin care
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Pores do not have muscles so that's physically impossible but let's agree to disagree
upvote

comment

mryry

Dry/Sensitive

definitely because I still see no evidence or degree so I don’t like how the other person said misinformation 👎🏽 just writing ✍️ . why do you think steamers help absorbs products 🦻🏼
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!