picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Opinion

SydneyWilde user profile picture

SydneyWilde

Dry/Sensitive

dot134 Views

cold or hot water?

Do you guys wash your face with cold or hot water? I could see benefits to both as hot water kills bacteria and cold can have anti inflammatory effects. Dont forget hot and too warm are both bad! Curious on your opinions on this topic.
upvote

comment

6 Comments

JelenaaJekkii user profile picture

JelenaaJekkii

Oily/Sensitive

Hot water in order to kill bacteria needs to be boiling therefore the hot water used on the face doesn't kill bacteria. Hot water dryes out skin. Steam also drys out skin. Best to stay away. Cold water has cooling and depuffing benefits but if you're using oil based products or have lots of sebum on the surface of your skin, cold water won't effectively wash it off. Lukewarm water is ideal. Hope that helps πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Lukewarm, always πŸ‘Œ
upvote

comment

MySkinToday user profile picture

MySkinToday

Oily/Sensitive

I go for room temp or slightly below (as the climate here is a steady 30 degrees c.) I do find that if I use warmer water I get less residue from cleansers, so they wash off quicker. but I really don't like hot water on my face. I think it would have to be really hot to kill any bacteria.
upvote

comment

Renterese user profile picture

Renterese

Oily/Resilient

my goal is lukewarm but honestly, it's usually on the colder side just because I'm too impatient to wait for the sink water to heat up bc sometimes it takes a whileπŸ˜‚
upvote

comment

mynnie user profile picture

mynnie

Dry/Sensitive

yuhhp only lukewarm water for me too ~
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!