picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

GandangFilipina user profile picture

GandangFilipina

Oily/Sensitive

dot188 Views

DIY skin care

Hi Picky community, what is your opinion about DIY skincare and home remedy for problem areas such as underarm skin lightening. In youtube there's a lot of youtuber doing that kind of thing... DO YOU BELIEVE IN THEM? I personally did some of the DIY wayback 14 years ago and find it disappointing because it did not work, specially the turmeric using it as skin whitening.It's a super false information..Using turmeric it make my skin yellow not whiter... A lot of Youtuber doing that saying in 3 days your underarm will become whiter. For me they are lying, giving the viewers misinformation I only believe in DIY with science fact and those material that brands formulated like coconut oil As a Influencer, choosing and using proper skincare, right product for your skin is always the best Pic for example
carousel
upvote

comment

8 Comments

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

i was never into DIY skincare because it literally never works. When i think about it, DIY skincare looks more like a waste of food, time and energy tbh🤔
upvote

comment

GandangFilipina user profile picture

GandangFilipina

Oily/Sensitive

Exactly my thoughts
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I'm against DIY because the products like culinary products are not created for skin. Even if you would use ingredients for skincare - there are issues like if the environment is clean enough
upvote

comment

Bibii user profile picture

Bibii

Oily/Sensitive

To be honest I used to do my own diy masks at home such as Honey mask, Cucumber mask, coffee scrubs, etc. just because it was so much fun to mix all the ingredients together but (in my personal experience) there was no real result afterwards so I always ended up disappointed. 😅 Now, I would only try sugar waxing as it can be done at home, however I would still rely on a good formulated product when speaking about skincare. 🙈💕
upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

no I m against diy skincare 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I mostly think it's a waste of time. Often it won't do any harm but things like baking soda, lemon etc can. Even if a product in itself has the qualities like blueberries being an antioxidants, it won't be able to penetrate the skin and you'll need like 5kg of them to get a high enough concentration haha. So yeah, not feasible! Let's rely on properly formulated products instead and eat the nutritious food - that's good for our skin too 👌😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!