picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

P

Picky68406

Dry/Resilient

dot204 Views

lactic acid and glycolic acid

Glycolic acid and lactic acid..Are they safe?
upvote

comment

11 Comments

sleepyangelina user profile picture

sleepyangelina

Oily/Sensitive

They’re both amazing exfoliants. Glycolic acid has a small molecular size, meaning it penetrates deeper into the skin. It’s wonderful for texture, hyperpigmentation and acne. Latic acid has a larger molecular size, meaning it doesn’t penetrate into the skin as deep as glycolic acid. It’s great for drier and sensitive skin types because latic acid is amazing at maintaining moisture and softening the skin. Both are AHAs, meaning you’d need to wear sunscreen because both of them will make your skin photosensitive. To use them together would not be the greatest idea because it would most likely overexfoliate and damage your skin barrier. So, it’s best to use one or the other.
upvote

comment

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

Are they safe to use together or in general? In general yes that are safe to use but I wouldn’t use them together since it can cause over exfoliantion and irritation.
upvote

comment

H

h77H

Oily/Sensitive

They are fine as long as your skin isn’t too sensitive. Since they’re both acid exfoliants I’d be cations if you have sensitive skin, but lactic acid is more suited to sensitive skin as it’s gentler than glycolic. AHA acids like those two are great for tackling fine lines/wrinkles, uneven texture, whiteheads, hyperpigmentation and much more!
upvote

comment

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

I have very sensitive skin and glycolic acid makes my face explode in a fiery red rash thing (as you can see from the photo I took after using it once) so I just avoid it now, but salicylic acid doesn’t cause any reaction and is good for smoothing/refining texture 🧡
upvote

comment

leviance user profile picture

leviance

Dry/Resilient

they're completely safe if your skin is strong.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!