picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Connect

NatashaBaxter user profile picture

NatashaBaxter

Oily/Sensitive

dot119 Views

Skincare mistakes you used to do?

I'm always so proud of how far I've come with my skincare journey! It wasn't always like this though. I have oily acne prone skin and when I was younger I applied some questionable things to my skin....to "fix it". *please be understanding, my younger self didn't know any better* - I used lemon juice to lighten my scars 🥲 - I used lemon juice and bicarbonate to make a paste and used that to scrub my skin 🥲 - I used coconut oil as my spf 🥲 - I only started wearing sunscreen at 19 (I'm 22) 🥲 - I never washed my face at night until halfway through high school 🥲 - I used to pick at my skin (I still struggle with this from time to time tbh) 🥲 - I used lemon juice, honey and cinnamon as a mask and I had a really bad reaction 🥲 - I used to use toothpaste to dry out my pimples 🥲 Sorry for being cringy 🥲😂 If you had a laugh that's okay 😂😂 Let me know any skincare mistakes you made when you were younger?
upvote

comment

4 Comments

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Only applying spf when at the beach 🙃 Using the st. ives scrub daily 😭 Not using moisturizer and hydrators because I though oily skin types don't need them 😂
upvote

comment

NatashaBaxter

Oily/Sensitive

I feel like a lot of us thought that having oily skin meant we don't need to hydrate 😂 I also used to only apply SPF at the beach
upvote

comment

nimiii user profile picture

nimiii

Dry/Sensitive

putting toothpaste on my spots!! 🤣🤣🤣
upvote

comment

NatashaBaxter

Oily/Sensitive

We've all been there 🙈
upvote

comment

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

I once put some toothpaste to dry out my pimples, it irritated my skin like crazy as my face looked angry red like I was experiencing some kind of rash/allergy reaction. I didn't realize it before until my mom pointed that out.
upvote

comment

NatashaBaxter

Oily/Sensitive

I used toothpaste for such a long time 🥲
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Same same same my skin hates me until today to do all these stuff! These sounds like this 5minutes video hacks on how to get rid of pimples hahaha What I still do today is not patch testing... I'm so excited to try the product and then use it immediately...
upvote

comment

NatashaBaxter

Oily/Sensitive

Same! I never patch test 🥲 And yes, those 5 minute quick fix videos were my go-to skincare advice 🤦🏻‍♀️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!