picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

LilyTree user profile picture

LilyTree

Oily/Resilient

dot134 Views

How to Use Cleansing Balm

I’ve recently ordered the Beauty Pie SHS Cleansing Balm but I’m new to cleansing balms in general. I’m not so hot on the idea of double cleansing! Would I be able to use the cleansing balm as my only form of cleansing or do I absolutely have to follow up with another cleanser? What are the effects/benefits of either/or?
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

you don’t absolutely have to follow up with another cleanser, but you’ll probably feel like doing it. oil based cleansers are supposed to dissolve make up and sunscreen and lift up the gunk from the pores, so it is recommended to use second water based cleanser to wash it all off. I always feel some kind of residue on my skin after using just the balm, so I always feel the need to cleanse my face with cleanser afterwards.
upvote

comment

LilyTree user profile picture

LilyTree

Oily/Resilient

thank you! that’s super helpful! I was under the impression that maybe you just don’t need a moisturizer after the fact if you only used the oil cleanser. thanks for the advice!
upvote

comment

Emmaleblanc user profile picture

Emmaleblanc

Dry/Resilient

I personally double cleanse with the first cleanser either being an oil or cleanser balm! then the second cleanse I use a gel or foam cleanser depending on what my skin needs!
upvote

comment

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

You will need to use second cleanser such as gel/foam cleanser. Cleansing balm is the kind of first cleanser that needed another cleanser to wash off its residue. If you don't follow it up with second cleanser I'm afraid it will clog your pores and cause problems.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!