picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

LenaLacey user profile picture

LenaLacey

Oily/Resilient

dot284 Views

Advice for large pores?

Hi everyone! One of my main skin concerns is that my pores look really large. I know that this isn’t something I can change but I wondered if people had some recommendations of products that help to minimise the way they look, unclog them, control oil production etc... I’ve found some good products out there, which I will link, but I thought it would be nice if we could all share some of our favourite products. Thanks! 😊
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice

star rating

(619)

favorite

Silk Hydration Face with SPF 30

Hawaiian Tropic
Silk Hydration Face with SPF 30

star rating

(2)

favorite

Salicylic Acid Cleanser

The Inkey List
Salicylic Acid Cleanser

star rating

(326)

favorite

Watermelon Glow PHA +BHA Pore-Tight Toner

Glow Recipe
Watermelon Glow PHA +BHA Pore-Tight Toner

star rating

(375)

favorite

upvote

comment

11 Comments

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

what works for me: 1. double cleansing every night (cleansing balm/oil then water based cleanser) 2. salicylic acid exfoliator (can be toner or pad or mask as long as it had 2% salicylic acid) frequency depends on how tolerate your skin is 3. niacinamide serum (I’ll tag my favourite one at the moment) 4. oil free, non comedogenic, lightweight gel moisturizer 5. oil free sunscreen every morning 6. clay based mask twice a week Also try to opt for no comedogenic make up.
Vita B3 Source

TIAM
Vita B3 Source

star rating

(1201)

favorite

upvote

comment

LenaLacey

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for the tips! I agree, double cleansing is a must for me! Got to get all the sunscreen and gunk from the day away 😅 I’ll have to check out that product. Niacinimide is a bit of a miracle ingredient for me, I love it so much.
upvote

comment

Cornelia user profile picture

Cornelia

Dry/Sensitive

this toner and inky list niaciamide has made the most difference in the apperance of my pores - Ive managed to reduce them quite significantly actually!

Paula's Choice

star rating

(619)

favorite

upvote

comment

LenaLacey

Oily/Resilient

Thank you! I agree, this is a great toner. Personally I prefer The Ordinary’s Niacinimide to The Inkey List’s, so I guess it’s just a matter of personal preference! Glad you’ve found something that’s worked for you!
upvote

comment

SkincareMare user profile picture

SkincareMare

Dry/Sensitive

paulas choice BHA for sure!! it’s gentle and really breaks down sebum and helped me so much with large pores and blackheads!

Paula's Choice

star rating

(619)

favorite

upvote

comment

LenaLacey

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for your comment! This definitely seems like a holy grail product lol
upvote

comment

happyglowyskinlife user profile picture

happyglowyskinlife

Oily/Sensitive

How I addresse my pores: The golden rule is to accept that having pores is perfectly natural and pores play a part in my skin. I have oily skin, which often translates to big pores. I remind myself that it's part of my skin and influence by genetics and lifestyle. Now, what I can actually do is give my skin ingredients that help to control the sebum production and refine texture and pores. Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, Green Tea and Retinoids are the main helpers here. Sometimes I feel like the beauty industry demonised pores. People are looking for the flawless poreless skin that doesn't exist. I have come with terms with that I have big pores and it's okay. My favourite products to address pores ⤵️
Clear Skin BHA Toner

ISNTREE
Clear Skin BHA Toner

star rating

(50)

favorite

Vita B3 Source

TIAM
Vita B3 Source

star rating

(1201)

favorite

Azelac Lotion

Sesderma
Azelac Lotion

star rating

(3)

favorite

upvote

comment

LenaLacey

Oily/Resilient

Thank you so much! I definitely need to work on accepting that my natural skin, without makeup and Instagram filters, is okay. I definitely used to strive for poreless skin that obviously wasn’t achievable but I though it was because I was young and couldn’t recognise a decent photoshop job. And thank you for the product recommendations! I’ve never used retinol but I will definitely have to give it a go. Thanks again! ❤️
upvote

comment

ArfaFawa user profile picture

ArfaFawa

Oily/Resilient

BHA might work for pores !
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!