picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

MieraSyaf user profile picture

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

dot228 Views

Should I moisturize my face before re-apply sunscreen?

Hi everyone 👋🏽 I wanted to seek for your opinion on how do you reapply your daily sunscreen. Do you also use moisturizer everytime reapplying your sunscreen or just straight using spf. I heard some people said you should moisturize when reapply sunscreen, while other said sunscreen with hydrating ingredients don’t have to do so. Any ideas? Or maybe you guys have any other step before re-apply spf like spraying mist or even use a toner, mind sharing with me something new. Thankyou in advance 💕☺️
upvote

comment

21 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Some people with oily skin don't even use moisturisers in the mornings if their sunscreen is moisturising enough. So no, I don't think you need to re-apply your moisturiser (or other steps) unless you cleanse your face halfway through the day and do it all over again. I do occasionally do that on hot summer days if my skin needs it but on a normal day that would be too stripping for the skin.
upvote

comment

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

if I splash my face using water before reapply my spf, does it consider as cleansing my face? quite worried since doin it a quite lot of the times due to the hot humid weather here, I just can’t reapply sunscreen on my salty sweaty face 😢😢😢
upvote

comment

Gray17 user profile picture

Gray17

Oily/Resilient

I think it is not needed especially when you reapply a moisturizing sunscreen! adding one will only make you greasier. so pass
upvote

comment

Gray17 user profile picture

Gray17

Oily/Resilient

What I do I blot my face first before reapplying😊 and when I'm lazy I mist 😆
upvote

comment

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

i see, thankyou so much !
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Up to you really. If your skin feels dry you might need some. But you need to wait till your moisturizer is dried and absorb before applying sunscreen. Like sometimes you just don’t have the time especially if you are outside and on the go. Some sunscreen are moisturizing enough on it own.
upvote

comment

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

thankyou ! really helpful
upvote

comment

nimiii user profile picture

nimiii

Dry/Sensitive

I don’t think you need too. most spfs are quite hydrating on their own 😊
upvote

comment

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

thankyou! good to hear that, because I usually just directly use my spf on my face 🥰
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!