picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

C

CoffeeJelly

Oily/Sensitive

dot219 Views

RETINOL & PURGING

Can you guys share your retinol journey please? How bad was the purging? Been wanting to start incorporating retinol in my routine, however, I'm kind of hesitant because of its purging effect. Is it really that bad?
upvote

comment

10 Comments

Grethi user profile picture

Grethi

Oily/Sensitive

I didn’t experience purging at all. First month I used it 2 times a week before my moisturizer, the every other day
upvote

comment

C

CoffeeJelly

Oily/Sensitive

really? what product did you use?
upvote

comment

S

Skinabulous

Oily/Resilient

Personally I did not experience any purging at all when I started using retinol. I think the most important thing is to start with a gentle, low concentration retinol and not use it too often and then build up from there 😊
upvote

comment

C

CoffeeJelly

Oily/Sensitive

may I know the specific product that you used?
upvote

comment

Morgas user profile picture

Morgas

Oily/Resilient

I started with the Ordinary granactive retinol and used it once a week and then twice a week after 2 weeks.I didn’t experience any purging.If you start,start with a lower concentration and once a week and then do twice a week after 7 days or 14 days.Hope this helps.And remember to wear lots of SPF😁
upvote

comment

Blondie user profile picture

Blondie

Oily/Sensitive

I think it depends and product and percentage of retinol. I was using TO Retinol and no purging. I upgraded to retinal/Retino-A 0.05 and I experiencer a slight purging. Then I lowered to Retino-A 0.025 and no purging. Besides, retinol speeds up the cell turnover so it just drags pimples that are already there to the surface. So if you don't have acne now, you should be fine. If you do, those pimples would appear anyway, just later 😊
upvote

comment

stellaweny user profile picture

stellaweny

Dry/Sensitive

I use retinol for around 2 month. I didnt experience purging at first time I use. I just feel tingling sensasion at 1st time I use. imI use this product
Miraculous Retinol Ampoule

Avoskin
Miraculous Retinol Ampoule

star rating

(117)

favorite

Miraculous Retinol Toner

Avoskin
Miraculous Retinol Toner

star rating

(197)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!