picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Annie93 user profile picture

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

dot1,438 Views

✨Skinminimalism✨

This is the current skincare trend going on. But is this a trend or its actually effective? Skinminimalism is the process of cutting down your skincare routine just to the basics i.e. Cleanser, moisturizer, SPF. This process helps your skin to breathe and go through its natural process without anything aiding or obstructing it. I usually adopt this when my skin in irritated, but on a daily basis I like to add and layer different products. I tend to do 5-6 steps in my routine daily. So in my case Skinminimalism is only for when I need it. What are your thoughts about Skinminimalism. Is your routine a minimal one? How many steps do you have?
upvote

comment

105 Comments

AmeeJay user profile picture

AmeeJay

Dry/Resilient

Skinminimalism really does help to give your skin a break or in a way help it 'restart'. Now I'm all about it cause I'm tired of 6-7 steps in my routine day and night 😂 My skin is recovering from a bad breakout as well so skinminimalism is something I definitely practice and always works 👍🏻
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

great to know your thoughts on this 😊 thanks for sharing 💕😊 ❤️
upvote

comment

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Sometimes, my AM routine only consists of cleanser, moisturizer, then SPF, that is when I feel lazy. 😂 But for my night routine I have like 7 steps. I tried being minimal about it but I just end up having bumps the next day 😬😬😬
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

ohh good to know your experience. what works for someone may not work for another. that's a good example to share. thanks 😊😊❤️😍
upvote

comment

flamingo user profile picture

flamingo

Dry/Resilient

in case of over exfoliating, its def worth going back to the basics until skin barrier gets healthy again. also if i were 20 yrs old maybe i‘d stick with a minimalist skincare routine lol. but active ingredients help so much with special skin conditions - just have to find the right products.
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

you are right 😊 this depends on situation and person. there are so many ingredients we can benefit from.😍 thank you for sharing your thoughts ❤️🥰
upvote

comment

Pickytimin user profile picture

Pickytimin

Oily/Sensitive

Exactly, most of the time my skincare products is full and much for the night time and minimal for the morning.
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

yeah you can do so much at night plus you get added benefits from serums and toners. thank you for sharing your thoughts on this 😊❤️💕
upvote

comment

kaweeel user profile picture

kaweeel

Oily/Sensitive

I'm super lazy so my AM routine is pretty simple, sometimes I even skip cleanser(just rinsing with water) and moisturizer... I'd say my entire routine is pretty simple, I don't play a lot with actives. Partly bc I can't afford to have too too much of steps so I keep it pretty short, I focus on nourishment and hydration.
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

if this is working for you then no need to change 🥰 thank you for sharing 💕😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!