picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Minghan user profile picture

Minghan

Oily/Resilient

dot137 Views

Sunscreen

I have been using the axis y sunscreen for abt 2 months now and I’m searching for a new sunscreen as it seems like axisy have stopped production. However, all the sunscreen (~ 5 of them) I have tried broke me out within 3 days! Does anyone knows why? It is rly a waste of money and product since I don’t have anyone I can give it to.. and I can’t use them all on my body.
upvote

comment

3 Comments

A

Appliey

Oily/Resilient

You can breakout for many reasons so just sharing some thoughts below: 1. Could it be that your moisturiser/other products layered beforehand are already quite heavy, and adding sunscreen just makes it worse in terms of "clogging pores"? From my experience, the Axis-Y one is quite drying and mattifying, so it might have helped you when paired with a heavy moisturiser. 2. Perhaps your skin doesn't react well to certain UV filters? It seems to me both mineral and chemical sunscreens caused you to breakout, am I right? Are there any common ingredients across all the sunscreens that broke you out? 3. Could it be that your double cleansing isn't effective enough? If you first/second cleanser doesn't do a good job removing your sunscreen from your skin, this can clog your pores..
upvote

comment

Minghan

Oily/Resilient

Thanks!
upvote

comment

Minghan

Oily/Resilient

I’ve tried these products and the latest one I have tried is the anua spf which is very similar to the axisy one but I still broke me out..
Birch Juice Moisturizing Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++

Round Lab
Birch Juice Moisturizing Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(248)

favorite

5-Zero Mild Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++

ANUA
5-Zero Mild Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(25)

favorite

Sheer Mineral Face Liquid Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50

Cetaphil
Sheer Mineral Face Liquid Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50

star rating

(19)

favorite

upvote

comment

skykahyan user profile picture

skykahyan

Oily/Resilient

this is weird, looking at the ingredients Anua should not be the one giving breakout... anyhow ymmv
upvote

comment

skykahyan user profile picture

skykahyan

Oily/Resilient

Do you use moisturiser before sunscreen? i always skip moisturiser if the sunscreen is highly moisturising.
upvote

comment

Minghan

Oily/Resilient

Yes I do, except for the round lab’s one :). I think my skin just doesn’t like chemical spf so it was no surprise to me when I broke out. however, physically sunscreen are usually drying so I will layer some moisturiser underneath
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!