picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Skin Concern

Ambra user profile picture

Ambra

Oily/Resilient

dot153 Views

Sun and breakouts !

Hi πŸ‘‹ I use religiously my SPF 50 that works very well and I did not change my routine but … I am on holiday and getting much more sun than usual (I put much more spf too and more often). Nevertheless I am breaking out and I think it’s the sun 🌞 Have you ever noticed the same problem ?? Thank you for your answers πŸ’•
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

I think the cause is not only the sun but also the sunscreen. Since you apply much more and more often it is also crucial you would have to make sure you have removed all of the residue thoroughly at the end of the day. I'm afraid if there is still residue it can clog your pores and cause problem. You might also consider the different environment such as the water, too.
upvote

comment

Ambra

Oily/Resilient

I do double cleansing in the night with a balm and a gel …
upvote

comment

P

PickyUmami

Dry/Sensitive

UV rays can increase production of sebum, which can clog pores. Sunscreen probably doesn't help with clogged pores either. Here are a few recommendations, but keep in mind I'm not a professional. They're simply based on my personal experience. πŸ’¦ If you can, rinse off before putting another layer of sunscreen. 🧴 Continue with your double cleansing πŸ‘• Change your t-shirt after sweating I hope this helps!
upvote

comment

Ambra

Oily/Resilient

cool !!! thank you 😊 I will for sure clean before putting the sunscreen that is a very good idea πŸ‘
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Have you checked the ingredients of your sunscreen? They often contain irritants and comedogenic ingredients - which may be ok if you use sparingly, but if you're piling it on, sweating etc, it would be more likely to cause breakouts.
upvote

comment

Ambra

Oily/Resilient

it’s biore aqua rich
UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA ++++

Biore
UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA ++++

star rating

(389)

favorite

upvote

comment

A

Appliey

Oily/Resilient

Apart from your sunscreen... When the weather is hot, you will sweat more and your skin will also naturally produce more oils. This will lead to greater likelihood of sebum combining with dirt to clog your pores and lead to breakouts. Ensure you cleanse properly always and exfoliate regularly 2-3 times a week, preferably with BHA :)
upvote

comment

Ambra

Oily/Resilient

I will !!!
upvote

comment

Maidenky user profile picture

Maidenky

Dry/Resilient

I definitely feel this post!! I only break out in the summer 🀣 the sun is evil! haha jk but seriously following to see others suggestions on the matter. I sweat a LOT but I also cleanse very well which definitely helps but I still break out more when I'm outside in the sun more.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!