picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

P

Picky22958

Dry/Sensitive

dot213 Views

Hydration vs Moisture

Hello everyone in the Picky community!! I've been reviewing the skincare I've been using in my routine and have come to realise most of it is focussed on moisture rather than hydration. The routine is something I've been developing on my own just through trial and error and is something I've currently happy with but while trying to be more intentional with the products I'm applying to my face I'm not wondering if I should focus more on hydration? How do I know if my skin is lacking hydration or moisture? Any product recommendations for someone with dry, sensitive skin?
upvote

comment

2 Comments

A

Appliey

Oily/Resilient

If you lack hydration, you will feel as though your skin is tight and dry from within the deeper layers. If you are well hydrated, you can feel that your skin is plump and bouncy as though it's fully replenished with water from within💧 If you lack moisture, it's more on the surface level where your skin is dry and flaky, with little oils. When you are well moisturised, your skin will have a good balance of oil and water. To target hydration, look out for humectants that will draw water to your skin. To target moisture, look out for emollients that may have higher oil content. 🙃
upvote

comment

jinnaee user profile picture

jinnaee

Dry/Resilient

If you’re focusing on hydration, these toners are great!
Hyaluronic Acid Toner Plus

ISNTREE
Hyaluronic Acid Toner Plus

star rating

(231)

favorite

Deep Green Tea Toner

BENTON
Deep Green Tea Toner

star rating

(433)

favorite

Full Fit Propolis Synergy Toner

COSRX
Full Fit Propolis Synergy Toner

star rating

(642)

favorite

SoonJung pH 5.5 Relief Toner

ETUDE
SoonJung pH 5.5 Relief Toner

star rating

(348)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!