picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

chelsiapatel user profile picture

chelsiapatel

Dry/Resilient

dot140 Views

Dark Eyelids

So the last little bit my eyelids have been darker than normal. I’d say they’re as dark as my under eyes, though my under eyes aren’t crazy dark it’s still one of those things that I’d like to learn more about so I know what to do to help I looked it up a little bit and a couple of the causes for dark eye lids are poor sleep and stress which are both things I’ve been struggling with recently😩 Other causes are pregnancy, genetics, hyperpigmentation due to inflammation, dermal melanocytosis, having more blood vessels, drugs, smoking, drinking, aging and if you happen to have swelling around your eyes These are some remedies I’ve found that I just copied and pasted off of a website: 🔵 getting enough sleep, if darkening worsens with poor sleep 🔵 reducing salt intake, if darkening becomes more apparent after eating a salty meal 🔵 wearing sunscreen, if the eyelids look darker after sun exposure 🔵 applying cold compresses, if swelling from allergies or other causes worsens dark eyelids 🔵 elevating the head during sleep, if darkening seems worse in the morning The website also included that you can try “bleaching” agents which I DO NOT like the sounds of but I thought I’d mention if anyone was curious to know. These ingredients are: 🔴 hydroquinone 🔴 tretinoin 🔴 kojic acid 🔴 azelaic acid 🔴 topical retinoic acid ANYWAYS all I wanted to do with this discussion is to see if there’s any other remedies that anyone knows of to help darken eyelids! I think it’s good to want to learn more about something and Picky is a really good way for all of us to learn of new things as well as share what we know Again I don’t want to bleach my eyelids! Honestly maybe these “bleaching” agents are that bad and in my mind I’m over dramatizing how it actually works (and if I am please share!) but I don’t feel comfortable trying this method to help myself and I feel like I need to make that clear in this post 😂😅 But yeah if anyone has struggled with dark eyelids I hope you too find something that helps you and if you found something that worked for you please share it as I’m open hearing about it
upvote

comment

1 Comment

24carats user profile picture

24carats

Oily/Resilient

eating salty foods can darken eyes? i never knew that... how can salty foods make our eyes area darken though? anyway thank you for sharing!
upvote

comment

chelsiapatel user profile picture

chelsiapatel

Dry/Resilient

so basically the skin around our eyes maintains a certain amount of fluid. and salt causes water retention which is when the body have excess or extra fluids in the body than there’s supposed to be. so this is why our eyes will darken. because one of the main symptoms with water retention is that the skin will darken. I hope this makes sense I was trying my best to write this out! but yeah if you want to learn more definitely look it up and look up water retention too because it can happen anywhere in the body!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!